Close

Default electrical dead ends.......

Gentlemen,
    I am reinstalling the wiring on my 84 mustang. Been a long restoration and I lost about 500 pics I took of the tear down (especially wiring harnesses) when a hard drive crashed.

Any ideas what/where these go? Couple loose ends on my interior wiring.

Name:  pic 2.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  79.9 KB

I pulled this from under the steering column. There is a ground screw in it as well. Can't remember where it hooked up or what attached to it.

Name:  pic 3.jpg
Size:  152.4 KB

this comes off the main harness coming from the firewall. it is the only end from the engine bay I can't find a home for. It shows 3 wires in the pic but there is a 4th, all black no dashes.
    Name:  pic 4.jpg
Size:  27.9 KB

this comes off the fuse box

Name:  wire 1.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  72.3 KB

Details.... 84 mustang but built in Nov. of 83, no air or cruise, t-5
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Good looking car! Good luck with your build. I am tearing into the wiring on my 85, but it's different, so I don' t think I can help.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

That brown one looks like a connector for a relay.

I just completed this portion on my 84, but I would have to go back through my notes at the house to help you out. I'm positive I have the answers for you, just not in front of me.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Pic 1 - unsure

Pic 2 - relay connection for A/C. I removed this since my car was factory non a/c and not used.

Pic 3 - same as above

Pic 4- L/F dash speaker
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

84stang,

thanks for the insight. Spent the afternoon chasing down wires and pouring over the wiring diagrams.

I came to similar conclusions as you did. AC and stereo speaker wire. So I finished the day wiring in my 3rd brake light and reinstalling the instrument pane.

I also saw your thread on your wire clean up. Poured over it some to help me think some things through.

From the color of your car, you might recognize this interior...........

Name:  IMG_1048.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  103.7 KB

That first pic is the bracket that holds all of the plugs close to the steering column. It needs to be screwed to one of the brackets behind the dash. I need to mount mine again, if I get it done, I will post a pic for you.
    85 GT Hatchback, T-Tops. 2012 Coyote 5.0L Swap, T56 Magnum, GT550 Dept of Boost kit, with Eaton M122 SC, RAM 11" Powergrip clutch, BBK Long Tubes/OR X-Pipe, Flowmaster Axle Back, Stifflers DS Loop, and Rear X-member, AJE Tube Crossmember with AJE-Mod Mounts, 3.73 Posi 8.8, 5 lug Cobra 13" fr and 12.6" rear disc swap, 2004 Hydroboost Swap, MM SubFrame Connectors, MM Panhard Bar, MM front A-Arms, MM rear control arms, MM CC Plates, MM Coilovers w/Koni dampeners, MM Torque Arm (soon to be installed).