Close

Default Are There Any Members Around The Omaha NE Area?

I'm sure I can't be the only FEP member around the Omaha area! I know Nebraska is boring, lacks car shows, gatherings and so forth but there has to be other 4 eyed brothers/sisters to meet and maybe get together with for conversations, get togethers and maybe some shows/cruises.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    I'm sure I can't be the only FEP member around the Omaha area! I know Nebraska is boring, lacks car shows, gatherings and so forth but there has to be other 4 eyed brothers/sisters to meet and maybe get together with for conversations, get togethers and maybe some shows/cruises.
    While not currently residing there I am originally from the big O. Left in 93 and have been in warmer climates ever since. Used to cruise Dodge street back in the day in my 73 Maverick or my 76 Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by 84GT350_Annv View Post
    While not currently residing there I am originally from the big O. Left in 93 and have been in warmer climates ever since. Used to cruise Dodge street back in the day in my 73 Maverick or my 76 Honda.
    A lot has changed since 93.........come on back and be amazed at the new, improved and extremely expanded Omaha!
    Brock

Seriously though.........I can't be the FEP representative for the Omaha area, that's way too much pressure! LOL!

Looks like I need to go scouting and see if I can find a few of the 4-eyes I seen this weekend and catch up with the owners. My luck was not good as they were all going the other directions and in construction areas (which almost every street is a cone zone up here which makes it hard to turn around) and knowing my luck they are probably all "swaps".
    Brock

A lot has changed since 93.........come on back and be amazed at the new, improved and extremely expanded Omaha!
    Who said I hadn't been there since 93? I just don't live there anymore. With all seriousness my Dad passed last fall which required a trip or so last year. And my brother lives out that way also.

Hope you can track those others four eyes down. I assume you're already hooked up with
    http://omahamustangs.org/

Quote Originally Posted by 84GT350_Annv View Post
    Who said I hadn't been there since 93? I just don't live there anymore. With all seriousness my Dad passed last fall which required a trip or so last year. And my brother lives out that way also.

Hope you can track those others four eyes down. I assume you're already hooked up with
    http://omahamustangs.org/
    Sorry to hear about your dad. I haven't heard of them but I will check it out.....thanks for the link!
    Brock

I'm a little late of course. But you aren't the only one. Been running mine around since June.

I guess we haven't crossed paths yet and I drive the crap out of mine in the summer.
    Brock

I've put almost 10,000 miles on it in 6 months. I'm in West O

I think I put about about 3500 on mine this year. A trip out to Des Moines for a show over the summer was about the farthest I have taken it in one trip. A few trips out to Lincoln also but the majority of the driving is around town. I frequent the Saturday morning "coffee cruise" out at the Hyvee on 156th & Maple all summer along with local shows.

I'm hoping the upgrades over the winter help with the comfort of feeling the car will be reliable for a long haul, as I want to take it out to a huge show in the Denver area in June.
    Brock

I've generally frequented the show over at Quaker Steak and Lube in Iowa. I took mine to the Ice Cream Cruise back in August. I showed it Saturday, Sunday was race day, I didn't feel like abusing my daily to that end. While it sounds fun on a track, I can go most of what I could in an 1/8th mile track on the street without doing anything wrong. Now if they were doing 1/4 mile? I would have made a few passes.

I skipped out on the ICC this year, had a few people tell me it was kind of nuts. I have no real plans running mine down a drag strip because I know it's SLOWWWWW and I don't need a timeslip to tell me so.

Once I get this one done, I hope to be able to snag a coupe my buddy has and I would love to turn that into a road course car and run the full MAM road track. I have done it a few times in supercars but I want to build my own to run it. It's a better time IMHO than the drag strip.
    Brock

A family friend has a red '86 Mustang Hatchback he ran in SCCA. He won a lot of class titles with it, beating out vettes and GT500's. Jeremy S. He moved now unfortunately, but I got to see him do a couple runs. I wouldn't mind going into the fullstock class and just having some fun. With 2.73's I'd probably shift into second and never leave.

I love that there are TWO black 1986 GTs at our house. I wish mine was nice but it's got the go fast, stop fast, and turn items pretty well covered.

I will probably take it to a few local events just so people really take in its 440K+ mile before' state. I drove it every day for over 18 years.

Next steps are finish up rear suspension work, rear gear swap and limited slip rebuild, panhard install, and swapping in a refreshed 1990 5.0L with Compcam, Edelbrock heads, etc. Then it will be time to shake it down mechanically before I get going on paint and body.
    Last edited by erratic50; 04-10-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    I love that there are TWO black 1986 GTs at our house. I wish mine was nice but it's got the go fast, stop fast, and turn items pretty well covered.

I will probably take it to a few local events just so people really take in its 440K+ mile before' state. I drove it every day for over 18 years.

Next steps are finish up rear suspension work, rear gear swap and limited slip rebuild, panhard install, and swapping in a refreshed 1990 5.0L with Compcam, Edelbrock heads, etc. Then it will be time to shake it down mechanically before I get going on paint and body.
    For the most part I can keep up with you.... that is until you decide it'd be fun to take a 90 degree turn at 60 without chirping a tire....

Hope to see you guys out at the weekly Saturday morning "coffee cruise" this year. It's at the Hyvee on 156th and Maple and runs from 7:30 to 9:30 am. The "official" opening this year is May 6th, even though you can usually catch a group of guys out there now if the weather is nice.
    Brock

Missed this post somehow Brock! Sorry!!! I hope you are doing well! Text me if you are going this Saturday please.