Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1983 mustang gt convertible 8100 miles

1983 Mustang GT Convertible 14900

1983 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 L 302 V8, 5 speed manual transmission. Currently the car has less than 8,100 miles on it. This was the first Mustang Convertible produced since 1973 with only 993 5.0L GT convertibles manufactured for the year. The car has been in storage most of its life. It has never been driven in snow and rarely driven in the rain. I have all the original paperwork including owner's manuals, window sticker, etc. The car has newer Ford Mustang wheels and tires on it as shown in the pictures. The original aluminum wheels and tires are included in this sale. Title is clear.

Clean car fax, can send copy.. I'm a mopar man and would have never bought his car if it hadn't been for mileage, my buddy lived next to the gentleman I bought it from, he was 70 and was retired and decided it was time sell and having seen the car before and knowing it's not often a low low mileage survivor comes along so I bought it.. going into winter and need to sell for room, have a demon on the way!!

Vehicle specifications (car is all factory stock):
    Rare GT Convertible with glass rear window
    Ext. Color: Black with silver GT striping
    Int. Color: Black
    Engine: 5.0 L, 302 CID HO V8
    Transmission: 5 speed manual Borg-Warner T-5 new for the year
    Power steering and brakes
    Full instrumentation
    Console
    Electronic digital clock
    Diagnostic warning module
    Sport tuned exhaust
    Cloth interior
    Power windows
    Cruise control
    Air conditioner
    Premium sound system
    AM/FM stereo with Cassette
    Dealer rustproofedName:  IMG_2273.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  88.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by willy b; 11-05-2017 at 12:35 AM. Reason: price

Nice car.

More pics

Thanks man,

What you asking?

18,500 says on top of ad

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Nice ride, but 993 GT convertibles were produced that year, not 1001. Also, you should reinstall the original TRX wheels for that kind of coin

Including Canadian cars. Yeah I thought that but I have em and they are brand new and tires have 3500 miles on em.

993 total, not 993 USA + 8 CAN. 993 total
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    993 total, not 993 USA + 8 CAN. 993 total
    ok, was mistaken for some reason I came up with that number. thank you guys for heads up, ill change post.. this car is number #471..

Unmolested low mileage four eye, nice to see one. Very cool. Good candidate for MCA Unrestored, which rarely sees a four eye car.

Are the original wheels TRX's or the 16-slot aluminum wheels?

I would also take off the mud flaps.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Quote Originally Posted by roush235 View Post
    Unmolested low mileage four eye, nice to see one. Very cool. Good candidate for MCA Unrestored, which rarely sees a four eye car.

Are the original wheels TRX's or the 16-slot aluminum wheels?

I would also take off the mud flaps.
    TRX, and tires have 3500 miles on em.. ok thanks for advice on mud flaps..

Good luck with sale.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

What's the deal with the $4600 price increase within 4 days?

I wasn't going to point that out Mick. Looks like it sold via Craigslist over the weekend and a quick flip to me. More power to you...I wish I was in the market and had the space to buy it when it was listed for $13,900
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

yes it was listed for like 4-5 hours, when my friend Ben called me and told me that mike had listed it.. I hi- tailed it up there, I'm 2.5 hours from lake mills, anyways had to have my buddy flat bed it because I didn't have time to get buddy to drive it back.. I know you guys frown on making a few bucks, but I'm a car guy and when a low mileage car or something cool I know about from the grapevine comes available, I have no problem buying a car from time to time,, thought you guys would be happy I gave you first shot.. anyways I have 500 into the 5.5 hour round trip to get it from tow man.. I'm entitled to make a few bucks before a dealer asked 25k.. anyways, ill go 15,900... if no one grabs it, ill keep it or sell it next spring.. thought id clear up the speculation from other members that may be offended..

No harm in trying man, and kudos to you on a great find at at a great price. I had a similar fortune in April on my 92 Calypso LX. I may or may not decide to sell in a year or two when I am done detailing it out. It's hard to play the flipper game on this forum because there are SEVERAL on hear that see all the adds share them here and on Facebook. Several of us saw the ad last weekend, then you come in here as a new member with the car for sale at a premium. The car is worth every bit of $15-18k to the right buyer, so you my friend got a killer deal at $13,900 (or less) so my hats off to you. Good luck...and us Four Eye guys hope to see a Mopar guy keep the car and be converted
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Regarding "Flippers"

We don't "frown on making a few bucks" if you put some effort into making those bucks, i.e. did something to the car to increase it's value. What value have you added to the car to justify an asking price of $18,500 --> $15,900 when you picked it up for $13,900 (or less)?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    No harm in trying man, and kudos to you on a great find at at a great price. I had a similar fortune in April on my 92 Calypso LX. I may or may not decide to sell in a year or two when I am done detailing it out. It's hard to play the flipper game on this forum because there are SEVERAL on hear that see all the adds share them here and on Facebook. Several of us saw the ad last weekend, then you come in here as a new member with the car for sale at a premium. The car is worth every bit of $15-18k to the right buyer, so you my friend got a killer deal at $13,900 (or less) so my hats off to you. Good luck...and us Four Eye guys hope to see a Mopar guy keep the car and be converted
    thank you for positive vibes... thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Regarding "Flippers"

We don't "frown on making a few bucks" if you put some effort into making those bucks, i.e. did something to the car to increase it's value. What value have you added to the car to justify an asking price of $18,500 --> $15,900 when you picked it up for $13,900 (or less)?
    well lets see, I took day off work and took a 7 hour road trip ordeal.. I run a remodeling company, and the opportunity cost to go get a car always costs me more than its worth sometimes because we run a very good business. then my tow, and the jockeying of other cars to make room.. and yes theres always some detailing that goes into any car.. TIME is the only thing you can't buy, so to me its priceless.. I have been fair with pricing and know theres gonna be people who are mad.. I cant control that.. so if someone wants it great, thought this was most logical place to start.. but hey I like the car its kinda quick, and where I live in Illinois theres a lot of car shows and clubs that I know once I bring out a few times, this car doesnt stand a chance.. someone will want it..
    thanks for all of the input.. hope a true mustang collector grabs this thing.. but then again maybe a kid will buy it and beat it down like most of these cars from the 80's... either way, I'm ok..

new price..

Pic of What tires and rims look like, they were on for 3500 miles.

Another

Mmmmmmmmmmm.....love me some minty TRX's
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

thanks for you're comments and feedback.. the car will be available at this price of 15k until end of month.. then throwing it to the dogs on Ebay.. hope she gets into the right hands before then.. thanks..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast