Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaker scoop

Hey Steve - I had a fun idea yesterday as I was buying my latest toy..... an 85GT roller. Anyone else ever thought about making a near correct (or as correct as reasonably possible) dominator clone?

This 85 is just a roller right now, but the body is rust free and straight and low miles...

I personally am not a fan. But everyone has a right to do what they want with their car.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Hey Steve - I had a fun idea yesterday as I was buying my latest toy..... an 85GT roller. Anyone else ever thought about making a near correct (or as correct as reasonably possible) dominator clone?

This 85 is just a roller right now, but the body is rust free and straight and low miles...
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Would be impossible without the depth of knowledge guys like you have of their history. It sorta bugs me that so few know what the heck the dominators even are. would be a challenging undertaking.

As I poke at this car and share photos we are all starting to wonder what the heck it is. I'm finding several Saleen queues beyond the wing and ground effects. We'll figure it out together and I'll decide on a direction once that is sorted and I decide what my goal is.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfannoz View Post
    Holes drilled in the cover outside the air filter.

Thanks, that makes sense now.
    1985 GT owned since new

Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    The scoop kits were made by Classic Design Cocepts. They don't make them anymore and I have only ever seen 2 or 3. The ones I've seen are made to fit aero cars with FI. It sits on the intake and has an air tube down to the air box in the stock location. When it's all said and done the air goes thru about four or five feet of tube before getting to the throttle body.
    Yep, that's the kit I installed on the yellow 93. Definitely just for looks.
    65 K Code GT Silver Smoke Gray
    67 K Code GT Vintage Burgandy
    84 GT Convertible Original Owner with 1800 Miles
    86 Oxford White SVO
    12 Boss 302 Yellow Blaze
    16 Shelby GT350 R Shadow Black

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolBoy View Post
    Here this car lives by me and I'm familiar with it. He used a vintage set up and it works great! I should have other pics at home if anyone is interested.

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/for...-door-50l.html

Nice.

The Dominator system was very smart, I do remeber the holes. A lot of thought in that system.

I think the cheapest repro runs around 500. Would like to test fit one after engine install before spending that amount of money plus cutting original hood up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12