Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    There is rust and corrosion in the frame rail under the battery due to battery acid, but that is really the only frame rail damage. The underside is actually very clean and rust free overall.

The plan is to get the floor pan replaced and then cut out the front frame rail damage and patch in new as needed. The lower radiator support will need some attention to due to curb damage also.
    Sounds exactly like my car. I welded in a few small patches around the battery tray location and the bottom of the rad support had encountered a few curbs in it time and was bent in at the bottom necessitating replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    Sounds exactly like my car. I welded in a few small patches around the battery tray location and the bottom of the rad support had encountered a few curbs in it time and was bent in at the bottom necessitating replacement.
    Exactly the same as my RS. Nothing really major, but will need the attention as might as well take care of it before I repaint the car.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Awaiting Restoration
    1984 SVO Restoration in Progress
    1986 GT Wrecked by PO, but still want to save!

Current Capris:
    1982 Capri Roller
    1984 Capri Returned to Bubble Back Glory
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456