Close

Default LMR TRX wheels/tires

I am thinking about purchasing the LMR TRX wheels for an 84 Mustang that I have purchased. What is the verdict on these wheels? Good, bad, indifferent? These TRX wheels look amazing on the website and in pictures.

Also, they come with 2 different tire packages at LMR. I am not familiar with either brand, Ohtsu and Sumitomo. Any opinions on these or is it better to purchase the wheels only and put on Michelins or some other brand.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Anything beside the stock metric wheel should be a winner.

As for tires the Sumitimo are a decent tire. OHtsu had been around but i think its very limited as far as performance. They make a bunch of basic passenger car tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I had a set of Ohtsu tires on my 88 and loved them. Will they hook on the track with 450hp? Nope. But they're a fine street tire, in my opinion. Can't beat it for the price. Here's a tip though. Buy the wheels from LMR and tires from eBay.

I have the 16" TRX's and they look fantastic. Many on this forum have too and I don't think I have heard a single complaint. I did not buy their tire package however....I am going with Michelin so I can remain "brand correct" on my '82 GT. Buy the wheels....you won't be disappointed.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Name:  IMG_20170401_133401_1CS.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  164.2 KB

I did the same as sowaxeman and fitted Michelin tyres sorry tires

The wheels are well worth it
    People who say it cannot be done should not get in the way of the people doing it!

1979 Mustang 2.8V6
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 limited

Quote Originally Posted by wilsst View Post
    Name:  IMG_20170401_133401_1CS.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  164.2 KB

I did the same as sowaxeman and fitted Michelin tyres sorry tires

The wheels are well worth it
    Just curious, did they let the Ford Mustang use the Mustang name in Europe finally? I know they used T5 for the early model Mustangs due to copyright rules.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. LMR TRX sheets are in my GT350S future due to all the good reports to date!
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

Quote Originally Posted by gt4494 View Post
    Just curious, did they let the Ford Mustang use the Mustang name in Europe finally? I know they used T5 for the early model Mustangs due to copyright rules.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. LMR TRX sheets are in my GT350S future due to all the good reports to date!
    It was only in Germany that they could'nt use the Mustang name as a Truck manufacturer, Krupp, had registered the name and the Mustang car was called the T5 which was the project name for the Mustang. Since 1979 Ford have used the Mustang name in Germany. Mine is a Ford of Switzerland import.
    Cheers
    Steve
    People who say it cannot be done should not get in the way of the people doing it!

1979 Mustang 2.8V6

Thanks, good to know.

Have fun skiing and eating chocolate as you listen to the clocks run because that's what we know all people in Switzerland do all the time. LOL JK
    Albert Einstein

Almost "Stock"

Quote Originally Posted by gt4494 View Post
    Thanks, good to know.

Have fun skiing and eating chocolate as you listen to the clocks run because that's what we know all people in Switzerland do all the time. LOL JK
    Ha ha you missed Cheese! and I see you have a Bertie Einstein quote in your address and you know where he lived !!

1979 Mustang 2.8V6

FEP Power Member

It was only in Germany that they could'nt use the Mustang name as a Truck manufacturer, Krupp, had registered the name and the Mustang car was called the T5 which was the project name for the Mustang. Since 1979 Ford have used the Mustang name in Germany. Mine is a Ford of Switzerland import.
    Cheers
    Steve

A friend of mine just bought a T5 here in the states. I didnt know they did that up to 79 before his car turned up.
    Kendal

FEP Power Member

Cheers
    Steve

A friend of mine just bought a T5 here in the states. I didnt know they did that up to 79 before his car turned up.
    Kendal

Yup there were several thousand 1979 Mustangs sold in Germany with the "T-5" name. After 1979 they were back to using the "Mustang" name
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Ha ha you missed Cheese! and I see you have a Bertie Einstein quote in your address and you know where he lived !!
    And where he retired.
    Albert Einstein

Almost "Stock"