After owning 3 Merkurs, one rollerized 302 and two more with 2.3t's,
    i recently picked up an 84' grey SVO. Here are a few pics of it when
    I went to view it. Sitting under a tree for 7 years! Will get some pics
    together for you guys, as I prefer pics myself, helps get involved with
    the car's story.

Cheers
    Brad
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Owners were asking 1500, offered 12 and we settled on 13.
    original books, old autopage alarm fobs and lots of nos parts that came with it.
    before it was parked, turbo was rebuilt and Rims were polished and sealed.
    Dash is perfect from them having the large reflective shade in the window.
    great people and figured it was a decent deal. What do you guys think?

p.s. After viewing a few 4 cyl specific sites, this one seemed friendly and having
    lots of experienced members; look forward to picking some brains!
    Last edited by BigGuyInaLittleSvo; 08-29-2017 at 03:13 AM.

Cool. That steering wheel cover makes the deal even sweeter. The car looks to be in fairly decent shape.

What part of this very large country are you in?

Default Good morning Rider

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    Cool. That steering wheel cover makes the deal even sweeter. The car looks to be in fairly decent shape.

What part of this very large country are you in?
    I noticed my town is not listed as your Is. I will have
    ti explore my account options I'm guessing. I'm in BC, near Kelowna, honestly,
    never seen an svo out here, so must be few and far between? Thx for the reply, what's that your working on in the
    thumbnail?

I've been building a 79 coupe into a just barely street legal track car. Plan is to use it for some autocross and track days. Its in the paint shop now, hopefully out on the road next spring.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    I've been building a 79 coupe into a just barely street legal track car. Plan is to use it for some autocross and track days. Its in the paint shop now, hopefully out on the road next spring.
    That is the cleanest example of a 79 I have ever seen.
    That is very impressive work! Very exciting to see into a project this deep.
    life gets in the way absolutely, stay positive! Excited to see more!
    thanks for sharing

FEP Supporter

Welcome to the site from another from Calgary.

Nice find on the SVO especially if there was a bunch of parts that came with it. Not a lot of SVO's around, especially the actual Canadian export cars!

My SVO thread link is in my signature but at this time with all of my pictures held hostage by Photobucket, you cannot see much
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Default Got new svo home

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Welcome to the site from another from Calgary.

Nice find on the SVO especially if there was a bunch of parts that came with it. Not a lot of SVO's around, especially the actual Canadian export cars!

My SVO thread link is in my signature but at this time with all of my pictures held hostage by Photobucket, you cannot see much
    First thing I did is a complete and thorough walk around and determine
    what I needed to do as to fire this thing up asap. After sitting under the tree for
    soo long, there was a large build up of crud in the hood scoop and intercooler.
    i spent some time before washing it and possibly forcing said crud into places
    i didn't want it to go. Shop vac hood scoop and intercooler, followed by removing intercooler
    and making sure nothing fell into intake on one side and turbo outlet on other.
    Got the tweezers out and picked it clean. I inspected the turbo line
    and connections. Noticed old leakage from valve cover so will wait and see.
    spent next few days with shop vac in engine bay, top of rear hatch with it slightly opened,
    all drainage holes were plugged with debris. Noticed biggest rat droppings to date in this car,
    so I decided to pull seats to make sure nothing had burrowed in underneath during one of
    our cold Canadian Winters. Looked great, cleaned carpet after checking floorboards and buttoned
    everything back up; same with back seat and cargo area. Removed cargo cover for safe keeping
    and to fix roll up mechanism. After fluid changing and synthetic oil, I went and purchased new battery
    which is not your typical size but local parts shop had one that would fit perfectly as the factory battery hold down
    was important for me to use. Since the previous owner had started the car from time to time, I thought it
    would be overkill to remove valve cover and pour fresh oil over cam, etc. I did remove distributor plug and did 5
    long cycles to get fluid flowing through oiling holes on cam and up to the turbo; plugged distributor back in and fired right up.
    Big grin as I never owned an svo let alone a factory intercooled 2.3. That's as far as I got for now. Being a single Father
    fills lots of my days, but will keep you guys posted
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Very nice and rare car ! That's a cool find ! I used to own an 80 or 81 mustang 2.3t with electrical issues I wasn't able to fix which made it the most unreliable car I've ever had haha but I kinda miss it.

Anyway welcome here, and keep up the good job !

Welcome to FEP. good luck with car.. Love those SVO's..

Welcome to the site fellow Canuck, have fun with the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcapper View Post
    Welcome to the site fellow Canuck, have fun with the car.
    Thanks for the warm welcome and appreciate the comments. Spent half the day removing the passenger wiper and cowl. I could see some leaves and gunk through the slots and definately don't want that holding moisture any longer and possibly start rotting the firewall. Wow! Was I in for a surprise! The large rat or other type of rodent, had been coming up through what looks like an open duct that looks similar to a shock tower if you peek under and towards the passenger side once you got the grill off. Some places were 3-4 inches deep of just poop, leaves, carpet fluff and pieces of a map to make a very elaborate nest! Took a good couple hours to do it right and different tools to reach way far back and then broke out the shop vac. Wiped everything down and got real lucky, since it appeared to somehow protect the paint and wiper mechanisms, etc looked like new. Feels like original cowl is quite well made as I remember replacements are plastic? Cleaned it and re installed it. Highly advise maybe checking this every Spring if your vehicle was unfortunate enough to be outside this length of time. Glad I did it now, as a cool day with the heater turned on may somehow spread spores from the poop through vents and make us sick :-/
    Other than that, got some smothers Back to Black for the rear bi-wing and it's looking good, will do another application and get some pics, so you guys can determine what's best to purchase for something like that.

Brad