Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a slightly parallel thread over in v8 but maybe moving this might make sense since cfi isn't 350 specific.

Just to end this on a sad note. Oil was thick with fine metal bits after 10 miles. Pretty sure cam bearings are gone. Going to have to pull and rebuild. My problem now is how "built" should I go? I kind of want to try keeping my cfi for a while but most of the easy stuff I would have the shop do in the rebuild would likely mess that up. Feels silly to pull the motor and not do more than just bearings.

When they did your intake, they cleaned up the head surfaces with roloc abrasive disks.it fills the valley with sand. Seen it many times. Motors are junk In just a few miles. Usually just long enough for the customer to get almost home. Understand, this is a guess based on reading your thread and the symptoms. I do not have a crystal ball.

I have my suspicions too. I am hoping to guilt them into a cheap engine pull.

You could magnet up the pan and do a quick flush, filter, refill, and see what it's going to do. A 15w oil isn't going to hurt

Ive had pressure pickups go bad. Carries great pressure at start then tanks to 0.

I'm not saying throw caution to the wind, but just to be certain.

Yeah, the oil was full of bearing material. Just as an update (since nobody has posted anything in the gt350 forum for so long I don't want too much dust to settle), the guys have pulled the engine, it is now at the engine builders (they normally just do race engines, but since winter is slow here in upstate ny...). I have a set of gt-40 heads at the shop and so far they are planning on some hypereutectic pistons (boring as appropriate, I want to shoot for 9.5 - 10:1 compression), and a 35-255-5 cam plus full kit. Balance etc. I am not rushing them since it is cold and nasty outside but I hope to have it out again in a month or two.

I purchased an AEM AFR gauge so when it comes back together I am hoping to get the CFI going 'right' and seeing what it can do. If that is just sad and depressing I will put a sniper on it and gut the CFI material. I just really, really want to know what the ford CFI can do if you turn the car into what it should have been from the factory. Good manifold, good heads, good cam, good exhaust. Nothing crazy, just good.

Well, they took apart the block. It was crank bearings. Crank is badly scored so that is getting replaced. Going 30 over and flat top hypereutectic pistons too. Should be done in a few weeks. Here is a picture of the old heads for posterity. They have Cleveland forge markings.Name:  IMG_20180116_105722.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  107.4 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12