Close

Default Help me find 2 ignition wires!?

Ok! I am wiring up the Daddywagon. I need a hot in start only wire, and a hot in start and run wire (coil?). The vehicle is a 1985 ltd midsize station wagon. Originally 3.8 cfi auto, converting to sefi 5.0, manual.

When I wired the Holley C950 on my 85, I used a test light and cranked the engine and watched it until I found a circuit that was hot in crank and run. Can't remember what it was, but I didn't use the coil, I remember that much. I was worried about putting any additional draw on that circuit might make the ignition not work or weak during cranking.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Thanks for the assist! I think I found it. I found something in the evtm I believe it was a wire that originally went to tfi. But because my new wiring has tfi built into it, the original tfi wiring is used to supply my crank and crank and run wires. You would think that locating 8 wires to splice in to wouldn't be so hard but because I removed all the original cfi stuff and moved the battery, coil and starter relay to the proper fox body driver's side location, I have spent a solid week and a half on this task alone.