Close

Default New from North Carolina

Hello, I live just outside of Charlotte, NC in Gastonia. I have lived here for about 58 years if you don't count my 3 years in the ARMY. I have been a car guy about all my life. I am 63 years old and got my first Mustang, a 65 Fastback when I was about 17. I just sold a 1983 Hatch so that leaves me with 7 other Mustangs. I have a 1984 Hatch left that is less engine and trans. The others are a Pro Street 67 Tubbed Out Coupe with Shelby Style Hood and Trunk, a 70 Mach 1 Pro Street, a 70 Boss 302 that needs Restored, an old 71 Fastback Drag Car I bought a couple years ago and am rebuilding to Race, a 72 Convertible Ram Air Mustang that I need to restore somewhat. It isn't too bad but still needs work, and lastly I have a decent 1973 Mach 1 that I have been driving for about 25 years or so. I am currently building a 472 inch 460 for it with Crane Solid Roller Street Profile Billet Cam and Ford SVO Cobra Jet Aluminum Heads and Blue Thunder Medium Rise 2x4 Aluminum Intake that will be using 2 Holley 660 Center Squirter Carbs when I want to play and 2 450s just for Cruising. In addition I have an 88 T-Bird, a 94 T-Bird, part of a 74 Factory 460 Cougar XR-7, and a couple of trucks. I have been a Hi Performance Engine Builder for over 48 years.
    I am a NC and SC Realtor for work but still build Engines. I have more than a dozen direct accounts with companies like Crane Cams, Erson Cams, World Products, Diamond Pistons, Trick Flow, Molnar Technologies Rods and Cranks, UPR Chassis, Moser Engineering, Speedway Motors for older car parts and A/Gasser Straight Axles, Champion Aluminum Radiators and more. Plus I have about 15 other Warehouses I buy from.
    I said all that to say this. If a Member has a Problem with an engine or drivetrain issue just feel free to call me for advice. I am usually able to talk but if I am busy I will let you know and call you back. I don't have all the answers but as a friend once said, I have forgotten more than most know and another said I already know what not to do. I am more of a carb guy than a fuel injection guy so keep that in mind but if you put too large a cam in an engine the fuel injection doesn't like it. Please call me with questions because I have limited time to sign on the Web Sites. My cell is, 704-516-8033. I am always glad to help someone and if you want to ask about buying parts I will try to help save you some money too. Mike.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 08-27-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Hi Mike
    welcome to FEP, saw you posted this in July and no one replied which I always think is a bit sad, I have been away so I wasnt able to access the site for a while (like now!) As an aside when I had my F150 I was made an member of the North Carolina group as living here in Europe there was no group to join, but "Slappy360" and the guys took me in and kept me updated on everything the NC group did.
    Cheers
    Steve
    People who say it cannot be done should not get in the way of the people doing it!

1979 Mustang 2.8V6
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 limited