Close

Default South TX and LA members stay safe and dry

Hurricane Harvey just upgraded to Cat 4 and is forecasted to move slowly after landfall this evening, looping around and dumping 40+ inches of rain in some places around Victoria, and possibly 25+ inches in the Houston area over the next week.

Whether you evacuate or "hunker down", I hope all of you and your families stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

I agree best of luck to all out there!!!!

I think the staying dry is out of the question for any and all of us down here in TX right now.

Hopefully everyone stays Safe!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

It's dry in Dallas. Our guest bedroom has been offered to several friends from Houston with no takers. Everyone thinks they will be fine and I hope that is the case. Growing up in Louisiana heavy rainfall and flooding are not uncommon but 25-40" of rain over 3 days is a whole lot of dam water!

Inch of water in the garage, but receded for now. Can't take another round of this. We are safe for now, but many neighbors flooded. Please pray for us all.

The morning news is showing flooding on a massive scale in Houston this morning. I'm sure other areas are hit just as hard. Thoughts and prayers are with you guys down there.

Thoughts and prayers with you all.

Goodness. Thinking of all of you down there. Stay safe. I can't imagine how sick I would feel watching water lapping at the tires of my Fox INSIDE the garage! We are hoping for the best for you.

Whoa! Definitely thinking of you guys down there and hope everyone make it through this safely.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Wow. Moving this up. FOUR days with no contact from Saturn. Sad days. I certainly hope the Mustang is okay but even more I worry about his family. Hopefully he reaches out if they are in trouble. I also hope that next storm decides to go somewhere else next week.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion .... "

Ok, not really that bad, but more destruction than I've ever seen with my own eyes. My immediate family is safe, no house damage. But we have 8 other flooded family members living with us indefinitely. Mother/father-in-law, two brothers-in-law with families lost almost everything, but thankfully all are safe. Have been helping friends and family cleanup houses the last few days. I know more about sheetrock tearout and mold remediation than I ever thought I would.

Tens of thousands of houses in Houston look like this now, plus surrounding counties. I've heard 200k houses across TX.

Great to hear that you are ok. Sorry to hear about your family's flooding. The amount of destruction is hard to comprehend. Last year I helped some friends clean up after their home in Richmond near the Brazos River flooded. It was hard work and a humbling experience.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Man I am glad you are okay. That really sucks that so many people have to go through this. Irma has her sights on us right now. Hopefully that goes another direction. Thanks for taking the time to update us at least in spite of how busy you must be.

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Man I am glad you are okay. That really sucks that so many people have to go through this. Irma has her sights on us right now. Hopefully that goes another direction. Thanks for taking the time to update us at least in spite of how busy you must be.
    wishing you all the best, FL.

...we just get earthquakes, and since thres litterally no one here in a person per sq mile basis, the biggest issue is how the cows get off the island.

We have no freekin idea of what a 20 foot storm surge is....I'm just glad your Nuclear power plants were recently upgraded with 20 foot bunding.....

My thoughts are with you all.

FEP Supporter

Posted this in Droopies thread too...

I'm not in the path of the eye; I'm on the East coast, but right now we've got tornado warnings pinging left and right. I was able to cram my 2 Mustangs, a 90 5.0 vert and my '85 GT, into the garage so hopefully they will be fine. No shortage of wind and rain here right now...

I've got a lifelong friend who lives in Cape Coral on a lake with canals feeding it that wind out to the Gulf of Mexico near Ft. Myers. He's expecting a total loss at his place. '69 Camaro and a ton of parts/tools/equipment in his garage, 2 boats at his house too. Spoke to him a little more than an hour ago and he literally said he saw a solar panel fly by over the lake. He just left in a big ol' truck heading to a safer structure.

Everyone needs something sometime! Thanks for the good thoughts all!!!
    '85 GT