Close

Default "Worthless Collectibles" The writer of this article needs to do a litte research, imo

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/class...llt?ocid=ientp

Maybe I am just over reacting because I am a fox body fan, but I think this guy is way off on his values for some of the cars mentioned. Nevermind foureyes made the list twice! BS

FEP Senior Member

I think you're over reacting. "worthless" is a reference term. It's compared to what? Their initial retail value? Most Foxbody mustang aren't worth much unless they have parts and work done. Even then, a percentage are hacked up and decreased in value. Not to worry though. I think being mentioned twice means they are on the minds of people and make them more desirable.
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ddx77 View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/class...llt?ocid=ientp

Maybe I am just over reacting because I am a fox body fan, but I think this guy is way off on his values for some of the cars mentioned. Nevermind foureyes made the list twice! BS
    Just ignore it and move along. I find list type articles to be a lazy journalist's best friend. Besides, what he writes about the Mustang GT doesn't even really make much sense:
    More powerful than the 5.0, but not by all that much, the Mustang GT was basically a clutch, a slung-back body style and some perks (fog lamps, 15-inch rims). However, that's just the kind of thing that an obsessive Mustang fan pays attention to, which is why it still fetches more than twice the price of 5.0 Mustangs and others of this era.
    I guess he is saying the Mustang GT's bring twice as much as LX 5.0's? Maybe, I don't really know the market for Mustangs, but I think the more plausible explanation is he doesn't really know what he is talking about.

Ignorant article. Find me a good version of any of the cars mentioned for the prices this moron claims and I will buy it. As my military Father always says... son, you can't fight stupid.....

I grew up in the '80s and '90s an always love the cars from those era ,love the Z and ford released the fox body is was hooked on the mustang ever since. The individual that wrote this article must have been a millennial baby and probably drive a Nissan cube

The one thing that I found hilarious was the price ranges listed in the article. Has that person ever gone to the NADA website and done just 5 minutes of research? I did that each time I bought my last 2 cars to make sure that I wasn't overpaying and also to assess potential value for a restoration when it was complete. I think that article is something more like an individual's opinion about the cars he mentioned, rather than based on any research or factual information.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

When he said "More powerful than the 5.0" in reference to the GT Models, I knew he was an idiot who had done zero research. My GT has a 5.0 so it's more powerful than itself I guess
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Ya i read this shaking my head this morning

I can assure you that the '82 GT pictured in that worthless story is worth at least double, probably triple the $4000-5000 estimated value it states
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini1999 View Post
    I think that article is something more like an individual's opinion about the cars he mentioned, rather than based on any research or factual information.
    Agreed............!

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

What about 79-81... They didn't feel like they were the same.
    1986 Ford Mustang GT-

Not much stock stuff left
    347 NA power, CNC ported heads, Extrude honed Trick Flow Intake, Custom Cam
    Suspension, custom k- member, TQ arm/pan hard rod... Much more
    Restored and ready to race, made to go fast while cornering

1981 Mustang GT-

Old SCCA A-Sedan National Champ car
    In the middle of rebuild

1986 LX Sedan-

Plans to be determined...

"Every day I learn how much I don't know"

The whole tone of the article is wrong. Most people collect things because they appeal to them in ways other than monetary value. I've held onto my '85 for nostalgia, not any expectation of getting rich off of it. A better angle for the article would have been 80's/90's cars you can collect for a bargain.
    1985 GT owned since new

What was the motivation for this article?? You're telling me something isn't collectible just because there isn't a huge monetary value on it? I have my car because I grew up in the back seat. I will NEVER sell it therefore have no interest whatsoever as to how much it is worth (except for insurance reasons) I'd love to collect more only because I feel these cars are a part of me. They've spoken to me in a way no other 4 wheeler has come close to. Hell, the cheaper the better because then I can buy MORE!!