Close

Threaded View

Default 10'' drum brake backing plates

Hey everyone,

hope y'all are having an nice day. So as I posted in the introduce yourself section, I have a 1980 Zephyr and I wanted to upgrade the brakes since I live in the mountains. So I got myself a set of 10'' Centric drums from rockauto with all new cylinders, and shoes and all the nice stuff, but I can't put my hands on backing plates. The only ones I could find are for 8'' or 9'' Ford rear ends and I have a 7.5 original rear end.

I happen to know that we can find those 10'' drums on police/taxi cars and on Fairmont/Zephyr wagons, I tried a couple different sites but can't find any original backing plates for sale...

So my question is, does anyone know where to find (or have) a set of original backing plates for 10'' drums ? And if not, are those 8'' or 9'' rear end backing plates adaptables to a 7.5'' ? The other problem with those is that they come in a complete kit with shoes, adjusting springs, cylinders etc etc and they cost about 400$ a pair. Since I already have everything but the backing plates I don't really wanna buy a complete kit again, plus 400 bucks is quite a lot...

Thank you for reading, and if my post is not in the right place don't hesitate to move it !

Thanks again

Daniel
    Last edited by Danny; 08-21-2017 at 08:35 AM.