Close

Default Ac installed but fitting hitting hood

So I got the a/c working and he's blowing cold! Thanks to those of you that helped me, I really appreciate it !

Only issue I have now is the fitting coming off the compressor hits my hood. I bent it down a little but still hits.

I bought the kit from LMR, I've got a call into them but not sure there's anything they can do.

Update : LMR called me back, they have nothing to cure the problem. Told me is I had scrolled down I would have seen the disclaimer that hood clearance may be an issue. Lol

All and all I'm happy with the product. I hate to think I have to buy a cowl hood for a/c.

Amazing how much photos show, I've got so much detailing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see the back of the compressor well, is there any way to rotate the fitting coming out of the compressor? It currently goes straight up. If not, could a 90 deg fitting be used prior to attaching the hose? Either would allow the hose to roll over a bit.
    1985 GT owned since new

Rotate, no. But do they make fittings that will allow me to redirect it? Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by swearint View Post
    I can't see the back of the compressor well, is there any way to rotate the fitting coming out of the compressor? It currently goes straight up. If not, could a 90 deg fitting be used prior to attaching the hose? Either would allow the hose to roll over a bit.

Just finished up the HW kit on my car. I had a similar problem with that line, except mine was clearing a strut tower brace. Here was my solution.

It starts with this pivoting manifold. https://coldhose.com/specialty-fitti...ion-ports.html

I went down to a local A/C shop at this point because I thought i was going to have to have the line modified and re-crimped so that the fitting was horizontal instead of vertical. Well, the guy there came with this much easier solution. We angled the manifold fitting downward 45 degrees and then added a 90 degree fitting.

You can see now, it clears the STB beautifully! I'm happy with the way it looks too since these Sanden compressors end up having the lines at sort of whacky angles anyway.

I posted some more pictures of various solutions guys came up with for this same problem in post #23.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...A-C-Gurus-Help
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Thank you ZephyrEFI!!! That's perfect! Wish I had asked before my little dent, but that's okay nothing the dent doctor cant fix.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Just finished up the HW kit on my car. I had a similar problem with that line, except mine was clearing a strut tower brace. Here was my solution.

It starts with this pivoting manifold. https://coldhose.com/specialty-fitti...ion-ports.html

I went down to a local A/C shop at this point because I thought i was going to have to have the line modified and re-crimped so that the fitting was horizontal instead of vertical. Well, the guy there came with this much easier solution. We angled the manifold fitting downward 45 degrees and then added a 90 degree fitting.

You can see now, it clears the STB beautifully! I'm happy with the way it looks too since these Sanden compressors end up having the lines at sort of whacky angles anyway.

I posted some more pictures of various solutions guys came up with for this same problem in post #23.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...A-C-Gurus-Help

Glad I could help!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Curious Zephyr whether the elbow can be eliminated. Is the hose too stiff to twist it a bit? So the port is horizontal(ish) and could mate directly with the special pivoting fitting.
    1985 GT owned since new

If you look in the thread I link above, there's a guy who appears to have done just that. I don't know anything further about what any of those guys did besides what you can see in the pics. The line IS pretty stiff though. It wouldn't surprise me to find he had to turn it and recrimp.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

it's this pic.

Looking at it again, he's definitely added a longer rubber part. It's MUCH longer than it comes.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

FEP Super Member

Convert. Motor mounts would quite probably fix your problem .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Awesome! Looks great!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST