Close

Default Best source for AC lines

Hello,

i recently acquired an 85 SVO. This will make my 8th Fox body and 1st SVO. The car drives fine has about a new interior minus headliner and a few bits and pieces. A modded engine that is going in in a few weeks, but no AC.

i am struggling to find a source for the two lines that come from the compressor. I have the two but they are in rough shape from the parts car I am harvesting from part of the deal. I have a new compressor and clutch so I just need the two lines.

Any suggestions or sources for these?

Thanks,

Sean

Welcome to FEP and Congratulations on the "NEW" to you SVO.

Depending on how you wish to recharge your A/C will determine you best option in regards to the hoses. If going with R134a over R12, then I would recommend new hoses as the 134a needs a barrier lining that the original hoses do not have. You can have a local shop build you new hoses with yours as templates. You can try buying new ones from auto parts stores and Rockauto.com.

If you are going with R12, then good condition originals may be just fine, although I would still consider new hoses to be safe. You can search Ebay, post a WTB here on FEP, etc. and see what comes up.

If you are unconcerned with originality then you might consider the Hose Wizard conversion kit. They don't make a specific SVO kit, but from what I understand their 87-93 kit can be modified to work without too much effort. I would recommend contacting them directly if possible, otherwise you can go thru a vendor such as Late Model Restorations. https://lmr.com/item/HW-19712E/87-93...R-12-To-R-134A I believe the information below if correct, but I have not called them in several years. Best of Luck!

Hose Wizards
    1050 Cooper Road Unit B
    Grayson, GA 30017
    Phone: (770) 972-7997

​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Power Member

If you cannot find Motorcraft hoses, Four Seasons is the next best Brand. They have been around many many years. Rock auto sells Four Seasons. You can look over at svocop.com as one of the guys had his old hoses rebuilt.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles