Close

Default OEM SVO Wheel value?

Anyone up to date on what SVO wheels are going for these days?

I have a set that is in pretty much original/used condition. They are unpolished, but with no road rash. I am considering moving them and a few other Fox parts out of our overcrowded garage.
    Ron
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

I just bought two sets (8 wheels) for $80. They were on craigslist for several weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrriggs View Post
    I just bought two sets (8 wheels) for $80. They were on craigslist for several weeks.
    WOW, that is probably better than scrap price?
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 08-13-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    I never seem to get the nut that holds the steering wheel fixed

I paid $300 for my set. They are far from perfect. I'm not a bargain hunter though.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

There is just no demand for them. Most people who own SVOs even take them off because there are so many more appealing choices these days. I remember when they were new on the lots being disappointed with the wheel choice Ford made. They are just boring. too much bare aluminum real estate IMO. Aluminum is .36/lb here so whatever they weigh X .36 is what they are worth around here. I think $20-30 a wheel would be an average transaction price.

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    There is just no demand for them. Most people who own SVOs even take them off because there are so many more appealing choices these days. I remember when they were new on the lots being disappointed with the wheel choice Ford made. They are just boring. too much bare aluminum real estate IMO. Aluminum is .36/lb here so whatever they weigh X .36 is what they are worth around here. I think $20-30 a wheel would be an average transaction price.
    Ford had no choice in the wheel design, it was the small team of SVO engineers. They were trying to engineer the best performance parts and the flush wheels and lug nuts were the result.

I do understand your thinking but remember back in the early 80's the SVO team was going performance over styling. I remember seeing the offset hood scoop and thought it was awful. I've since come to understand it and like it.