Close

Default In Memory decals

when my car gets finished with its paint job I have a Mustang decal to go on the bottom rocker and I want to put an In Memory Of decal somewhere on the car for my mom who was the original owner.

Since I have a convertible my rear glass is small. All the websites I browsed show decals that seem to take up a lot of space. I was thinking a long narrow decal along the bottom edge of the glass. I thought about on the trunk below the rear spoiler but I don't wanna cover the new paint.

Anybody have suggestions or examples of an In Memory Of decal that wont totally obscure my rear glass?

Just contact a local sign or decal shop. They can probably show you several examples or you can give them your basic outline and they can show you fonts and style differences.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Quote Originally Posted by fgross2006 View Post
    when my car gets finished with its paint job I have a Mustang decal to go on the bottom rocker and I want to put an In Memory Of decal somewhere on the car for my mom who was the original owner.

Since I have a convertible my rear glass is small. All the websites I browsed show decals that seem to take up a lot of space. I was thinking a long narrow decal along the bottom edge of the glass. I thought about on the trunk below the rear spoiler but I don't wanna cover the new paint.

Anybody have suggestions or examples of an In Memory Of decal that wont totally obscure my rear glass?
    Frank, it would be a nice touch on the quarter window glass potentially, and maybe even a cling-on version to put on from the inside. I have a friend that does this and he's local to us. Let me know if you need any help.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Have you thought of etching abrasively or chemical?
    Moving windows can play havoc with decals.
    My first wife did it by cutting out a mask with clear contact paper, and then spread a chemical in a cream form on the glass.
    I can dig out an example I tried years ago.
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

If you are on the FEP FB page, hit up Roderick Tyner.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    Frank, it would be a nice touch on the quarter window glass potentially, and maybe even a cling-on version to put on from the inside. I have a friend that does this and he's local to us. Let me know if you need any help.
    sure, give me the contact info please