Close

FEP Member

Default New generation turbo 4 in Pace Car?

Been thinking about the new turbo 4 cylinder in the newest mustangs and how this engine and drivetrain combo could be retrofitted into the 79 Pace Cars.

Just a thought, but is anyone contemplating such a swap or has it already been done yet?

I know there's the crate engines with the package of supporting pieces available from Ford.

I think that would be a killer combo if done right, great fuel mileage with great horsepower/torque range.

Mike

There is a Facebook page dedicated to eco boost I swaps and there are a few cars that have already been done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Here is a 2.3 Eco boost with an auto in a fox body. They are just finishing the build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Can you post a link to the build?

It will be a monster after just a tune. Sounds like a GREAT build! Try to keep as much functionality as you can and the results will speak for themselves. Very few things add a lot of value to these old rides. A modern ecoboost with all the comforts of home will likely do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by foot2floor View Post
    Can you post a link to the build?
    It's a closed Facebook group called Ecoboost Swaps. The builder is Mos Garage in GA. He has been posting there. Join the group I'm sure he can answer any questions plus the group is there for eco boost stuff.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Try the eco boost 3.5L v6 twin turbo...... in a Fox......
    Last edited by conmech; 10-11-2017 at 10:09 PM.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

I thought the idea was to stay 2.3L turbo.

3.5L? There goes the neighborhood......

TWIN turbo
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by brian.aughe View Post
    It's a closed Facebook group called Ecoboost Swaps. The builder is Mos Garage in GA. He has been posting there. Join the group I'm sure he can answer any questions plus the group is there for eco boost stuff.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    They are bringing it to Foxtober Fest if anyone is going. Mo's has done a few things for me over the years and the owners are friends of a friend so I get to see what he's doing on Facebook Very clean build. It is an orange coupe if you're looking for it.
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver