Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1984 Mustang Factory T Top Coupe-- Coyote Swapped

No Longer for Sale.

This is an Opportunity to Purchase an Award Winning, Magazine Feature Car that Cruises down the road just as good as it looks.

This is a Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Feature Car, a Fox Mustang Magazine Feature Car and was shot for a 5.0 Mustang Mag Feature, but never ran before they shut down.

It has awards from the Carlisle Ford Nationals in 2013(First Place and Celebrity Choice) and Mustang Week 2016(Award of Excellence). It has two Best of Shows and several First Place Awards when we used to bring it to Shows in the Northeast from 2013-2015.

This Fox underwent a complete Restoration that started in the Fall of 2011 when it was disassembled and sent out to be media blasted. Then every inch of the car was primed, sealed, re-painted etc. All the parts listed below were purchased new with the exception of several interior pieces that I sourced from other Foxes. The Restoration was completed in the Spring of 2013 and we have put about 5000 trouble free miles on it since.

The Fox was built for my wife and she is more into her Jeep these days and I have moved back to my Harleys so figured we would see if someone else wanted to enjoy the car more than we do.

Here are some details:

Engine Specs:

Stock 2011 Coyote Crate Engine from Ford Racing
    Custom Cold Air Intake color matched to exterior of vehicle
    Glenns Performance HP 600 Fuel System
    Ford Racing Control Pack controls engine
    SCT Livewire is hooked up to Ford Racing ECU to monitor AFR on both sides as well as all other engine vitals, but the stock Ford Racing Tune is spot on and has never been touched.
    Flexalite Aluminum Radiator and Electric Fan kit controlled by Coyote Computer. The radiator was welded to accept Coyote Coolant Hose-no adapters.

Exhaust:
    BBK Coyote Swap Headers with 3" Collectors..Modified to work with 4R70W automatic.
    BBK 3"Catted X Pipe
    Flowmaster3" 50 Series
    Flowmaster3" Tail Pipes
    *Entire Exhaust was powdercoated

Drivetrain:
    8.8 Rear
    3.73 gears
    Traction Lock
    28 Spline axles
    Performance Automatic 4R70W transmission
    Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft with 4R70W Yoke

Brakes:
    Hydratech Show Finish Hydroboost Unit with braided lines-hidden in fender
    SSBC SVO front brakes with plated and slotted rotors..*Powder coated Calipers
    SSBC Rear Disc Conversion with plated and slotted rotors.. Powder coated Calipers

Suspension:
    AJE Racing Tubular K Member with AJE Control Arms
    Eibach Pro Springs front and rear
    KYB Struts in front
    Strange Adjustable Rear Shocks with Airbag in passenger rear to assist with the T Top Coupe Body Flex
    SVE Rear Tubular Control Arms
    Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors

Wheels/Tires:
    SVE Chrome 10th Anniversary 17x9 Wheels front and back
    Nitto NT-05 235x17 in front
    Nitto NT-05 255x17 in rear

Interior:
    Converted to Black
    Corbeau GTS II front seats
    Everything is new in interior with the exception of the dash and plastics which I re-finished black and the rear seat which we recovered with the Corbeau matching cloth.
    140mph Speedometer

Paint is a Custom mixed-Black Purple Metallic. Car looks Black and if the sun hits it at the correct angle you can see purple metallic in it.

Underside of vehicle is painted Chassis Black and all Suspension pieces were painted either black or gray.

Link to January 2014 Ride of the Month Feature:

http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...ng-T-Top-Coupe

Link to my Build Thread:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...p+coupe+coyote
    Last edited by Her5.0; 11-29-2017 at 10:42 AM.
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s-FOXOTE-(formerly...HERFOX)

FEP Ride of the Month January 2014.!!

Name:  th_22_zpstp3nfxby.jpg
Views: 1608
Size:  4.9 KB

Name:  th_18_zpsi2er81op.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  8.4 KB

Name:  th_37_zpsmx7uectj.jpg
Size:  5.7 KB

Name:  th_30_zpsjdjvocp1.jpg
Views: 1598
Size:  6.1 KB
    Last edited by Her5.0; 08-05-2017 at 08:59 AM.
    1984 T Top Coupe-Coyote 5.0, 4R70W, Modified BBK Long Tubes, 3.73s-FOXOTE-(formerly...HERFOX)

Name:  th_21_zpsezqsxr3c.jpg
Views: 1588
Size:  7.5 KB

Name:  th_17_zpsdk9vkacj.jpg
Views: 1593
Size:  8.1 KB

Name:  th_14_zpsr4xyerh5.jpg
Views: 1605
Size:  6.1 KB

Name:  th_42_zpsdzr2ep6z.jpg
Size:  6.2 KB

Name:  th_12_zps3htpc4un.jpg
Views: 1592
Size:  5.8 KB

Name:  th_7_zpsi2ihufi7.jpg
Views: 1604
Size:  5.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Does it have working AC, Heat, Cruise, PW, PL, stereo etc? Do the gauges all work, dash lighting etc? Don't see details really about the creature comforts.

The engine compartment looks amazing

Thanks for the questions, few more details:

No AC but is a AC Car so it could be added-we wanted a clean look and up in the Northeast don't need AC with T Tops.
    Manual windows and locks.
    Heat works
    Factory Tach does not work, but SCT Livewire shows RPMS, along with AFR Engine Temp etc.
    Alpine deck in dash runs Ipod and two speakers in rear deck. Could run radio, but I deleted the antenna.
    Hydroboost Power Brakes and Steering
    Gauge lights all work, dome light does not.
    Gas gauge reads a few gallons less than is actually in there so you won't run out!
    4R70W is electronically controlled so you can control the low and high shift points, shift firmness etc.

If someone is serious and wants more photos I will send as many as you want. The underside of the car is mirror/show ready. All the fuel lines and power steering/brake lines have been hidden as well.
    Last edited by Her5.0; 08-06-2017 at 06:28 AM.

=================
    Last edited by Her5.0; 11-29-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Damn that thing is drop dead gorgeous!!! Only downfall I see is no third pedal I know, it was built for your wife (maybe she is a manual girl after-all?) and today's modern AT's are awesome, but I still prefer clutch and shifter. I'm kinda glad it is an AT because this one would have me thinking seriously......
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    Damn that thing is drop dead gorgeous!!! Only downfall I see is no third pedal I know, it was built for your wife (maybe she is a manual girl after-all?) and today's modern AT's are awesome, but I still prefer clutch and shifter. I'm kinda glad it is an AT because this one would have me thinking seriously......
    Thanks and I hear you. I realize it is a Tall Order to get someone that wants an Auto and will pay the Money I am asking, but if it stays in my Garage I won't be disappointed believe me.!!

All my Foxes have had clutches and I thought I would hate this one, but it is surprising a Great trans behind the Coyote-being able to set the high shift point and sip a coffee while it shifts at 6500 is kind of funny. If anyone has any serious interest I will take you for a Rip and I bet it changes your mind on Autos!!!!!

There are Larger and More Photos if you look at my Autotrader Classic Ad:

https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...ang/100907534#

I have had offers, but not close enough to my asking price to make me jump at it, so as long as this posting says its not sold it is available. Thanks
    Last edited by Her5.0; 09-16-2017 at 06:01 AM.

FordMuscle.com recently did a Feature on the Sale of our Fox and commented on the Asking Price/Value. We were not contacted about the Article and we do not know the Author.

http://www.fordmuscle.com/?p=720636

Still available. Had some decent offers, but none close enough to our asking price/what we feel it is worth..

======================
    Last edited by Her5.0; 11-29-2017 at 10:43 AM.

DocSean

Quote Originally Posted by Her5.0 View Post
    Price dropped to $26,500
    Registered just to state what a cool ride this is.

I'm curious how civilized it is in daily duty? What's the audio setup currently (sorry if I overlooked it)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSean View Post
    Registered just to state what a cool ride this is.

I'm curious how civilized it is in daily duty? What's the audio setup currently (sorry if I overlooked it)
    Thanks. It is a Great Cruiser. You can sip a coffee and cruise down the road without having to work a clutch or shifter. Has an alpine deck in dash that runs an Ipod. Two speakers in rear deck-basic system..

Good luck with the sale
    Last edited by djpnh; 11-30-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    1984 Mustang LX T-Top Coupe

Blog Entries

26K is a hell of a deal. Probably less then half the build cost.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Quote Originally Posted by djpnh View Post
    $42,000, then $25,000...now $26,500....?????
    Dropped it last week to 25k because we found a Property we wanted to buy and needed the cash. I also thought it would be bid up quite a bit from the starting bid of 25k and it wasn't. I had a winning bidder at 25k that flaked and two other guys that told me they would buy it if he flaked and then they disappeared. I have another guy that wants it for 22k and I am not selling a Fox that is built to this level for that kind of money. Believe me I wasn't happy only getting 25k for it, but we were very interested in this property. We lost out on the property we were looking at so the price went up because now I don't need to sell it. We are looking at another property so I decided to try one more eBay listing at $26,500, but even at that price I am not happy, because I rejected an offer in the low 30s a few months ago...

Quote Originally Posted by brianj View Post
    26K is a hell of a deal. Probably less then half the build cost.
    I agree $26,500 is a ridiculous deal and I decided it isn't leaving the garage for less than that. The price is going up in the Spring if it isn't sold to 30k....If it sells it sells and if it doesn't I am going to start driving it more and keep it...
    Last edited by Her5.0; 11-25-2017 at 07:38 AM.

To think I paid less than 5% of your price when I bought the car a longtime ago.

Inflation!

I am sure the fact that you spent $30K-$50K on the car also has something to with it!

This is by far the BEST LOOKING modified Foxbody Mustang "I" have ever seen!
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

FEP Senior Member

Wow gorgeous car!

If I were you IŽd leave the Harleys and enjoy this beauty all day long!

Decided it is staying in my Garage...thanks to everyone for looking and the compliments.

Good Decision!!!!
    Mike

www.musclecardeals.com

Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
    Good Decision!!!!
    Hey Mike I didn't realize that was you until now.....This is what it looked like just over 6 years ago when we bought if from you!!!

How did your car get in my backyard????

That's it!
    Mike

www.musclecardeals.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast