Close

Default Back seat weight

How much does an 85 back seat weigh? Is it quick and easy to r+r.? How much does the passenger bucket weigh(non power)?

The lower seat cushion is pretty light...and easy to pull out, just pull up hard under each passenger area at the front and it will dislodge the hooks. The rear seat backs weigh the most due to the metal frame and hinge assemblies. Also easy to remove with some hardware near both rear wheel wells and the center joint for the dual seat backs. If I were a guessing man....7-10lbs on the seat bottom and 20-25 lbs on the seat backs (combined). Front seat...easy to remove, no clue on the weight....30-35lbs guess. Will be curious how close (or off) I am if anyone knows for sure.
    Last edited by sowaxeman; 08-07-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

For the bottom cushion, push back (to the rear of car) on the face of the cushion and simultaneously pull up. There is a wire rod that fits into a retainer that has a 'keyhole' shape. Pushing back lines up the rod with the opening.
    1985 GT owned since new

I just weighed my extra '84 rear hatch seat. The seat bottom is 11.2 and the two upper halves together are 20.7lbs.

Thanks. Probably not worth yanking them for 60-70 lbs at my skill level. But then again, there's hardly ever someone in the backseat.

I'm think in the front seat is at least 50 lbs.