Close



Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 72 of 72

Thread: 86 Saleen #018

  1. #51

    Default

    Very nice.
    1966 Mustang Coupe-- 1st car at 14yrs old- SOLD
    1965 Mustang Coupe-- 2nd Mustang at 15 - SOLD
    1966 Mustang GT Fastback -- 3rd Mustang- SOLD
    1986 Mustang GT T- Tops -- 4th Mustang- SOLD
    1986 Mustang GT Hardtop (White 86) 5th - SOLD
    1992 Mustang LX Convertible 5.0 6th - SOLD
    1985 Mustang LX Coupe 5.0 7th - SOLD
    1986 Mustang LX Coupe 347 8th - SOLD
    1987 Mustang GT Hardtop- SOLD
    1988 Mustang GT T-top-- SOLD

  2. #52

    Default

    Not sure if anyone is paying attention but it looks like it sold on EBay for $10,200.00. $200 more than I directly offered here but way less than my offer factoring in EBay seller fees.

    when I commented about the reserve not being met at $11975.00 I had the high bid and would have paid that but wasn't going past 12K... and the reserve was not met by the very last bid before $12K. My offer by commenting here wasn't taken how it was intended and was not accepted.

    So fast forward to now. Let's see ..... that's a difference of $1,775 plus sellers fees. Pretty well sums it up. Looks like an obligated to sell to someone (for less than my best offer) or keep it type situation.

    Obviously in retrospect to all of this my offers were just so far out of line that they were also extremely insulting and needed to be met by all of the harsh words (posted above).

    ????

  3. #53
    FEP Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gaithersburg MD
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Cool car...someone got a very cool car for a fair price. Congrats to buyer and seller.

  4. #54
    FEP Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Santa Maria Ca
    Posts
    697

    Default

    That's a stupid good deal for the buyer, and my condolences to the seller.
    85 Saleen Mustang(s)

  5. #55

    Default

    $125 to sell vehicle over 2k on eBay. Probably wonít sell as there are many flakes on eBay.

    Hopefully he gets paid and can move on to something else.

    Having owned many foxes including an 86 Saleen, 93 cobra, etc... 4 eye cars donít sell as high as the aero cars for whatever reason.
    82 ford fairmont futura
    quicktime turbosystems 70mm turbo
    10.67@128.38

  6. #56
    FEP Super Member sowaxeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,454

    Default

    That is a STUPID GOOD DEAL for this car! I hope Harry didn't go that low, but if he did it is no business of ours what the reason is. I'll also say if the eBay buyer does not go through with the transaction....they're CRAZY!!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

    '82 GT Med. Red - 15k Mile Orig. Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2018 Best Original 79-86)
    '85 GT Black - 16k Mile Orig. Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2016 Best Original 79-86)
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '92 LX 5.0 Calypso - 10k Mile Orig. Survivor (Sold @ Foxtoberfest...2017 Best Original 87-93)
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,700 Mile Original Survivor
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey - 16k miles @ counting.

  7. #57

    Default

    Agreed on that Jason.

    Normally there is an opportunity for a dialog on a car when there is an interested seller and an interested buyer. Disappointing.

  8. #58
    FEP Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gaithersburg MD
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Agreed on that Jason.

    Normally there is an opportunity for a dialog on a car when there is an interested seller and an interested buyer. Disappointing.
    Should have just bid on ebay, you could have bought it.

  9. #59

    Default

    I did. Up to 11975. Oh well.

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    That is a STUPID GOOD DEAL for this car! I hope Harry didn't go that low, but if he did it is no business of ours what the reason is. I'll also say if the eBay buyer does not go through with the transaction....they're CRAZY!!
    I sent him a check the next day for the car.

  11. #61
    FEP Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Santa Maria Ca
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Nice.

    When perauto goes all-in for a Foxbody Saleen, you know its a stupid good deal!
    85 Saleen Mustang(s)

  12. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    I did. Up to 11975. Oh well.
    Ouch.

  13. #63
    FEP Super Member tORMENtOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem,PA
    Posts
    10,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Ouch.
    Just shows you hold out for more and get less, seen that happen so many times.
    Current Stangs+
    84Gt (9W) T-top 347EFI
    http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...984-Mustang-GT
    84Gt(1E)Hardtop Turbo
    http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...e-of-the-Month
    84Gt(1C)Sunroof 306

  14. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    That is a STUPID GOOD DEAL for this car! I hope Harry didn't go that low, but if he did it is no business of ours what the reason is. I'll also say if the eBay buyer does not go through with the transaction....they're CRAZY!!
    I disagree. He was offered a fair price for the car by a fellow member, and then re-offered a generous price for the car by a member on THIS board. THIS board that is specifically designed to bring together other 4 eyed fans. He placed the ad here on a public forum, which opened him up to scrutiny on his price, and only a FEW members did so. In my opinion I say that is fair because HE was seeking buyers, not vice versa. Now it appears to me that the seller got butt hurt and went and sold away from FEP for less on purpose because he didn't like the fact that he had to read a couple of posts that disagreed with his price. For goodness sakes, I would think an adult could handle reading a few words of disagreement in order to sell a car on a website that caters to specific cars. I would have been a player on the car myself, and could have gone to the bank and pulled the cash right out. But his posts made it sound as if he was not willing to negotiate very much at all, and his asking price was a few thousand too high for a 100,000 mile car. AND to prove it my best friend has an 89 SSC with 23,000 mile that he would sell for $25,000.
    1986 5.0 coupe
    1985 Turbo 5.0 LTD

  15. #65
    FEP Super Member 83GTRAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    3,658

    Default

    This is an incredible novel to read and honestly quite entertaining.
    Mick-time to lock this one down and let it go into the archieves, I am honestly embarrassed and afraid to post my car for sale here.
    Happy holidays and cheer to all!
    Rob

    current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

    all white cars!

  16. #66

    Default

    Is the car actually sold? I don't close ads unless the seller says so.

  17. #67

    Default

    All indications are yes it is gone.

    Ive moved on for sure. I'm way deep in an 85 Saleen clone project now along with my 1/2 million mile 86GT project. At least I always keep one running and driving.

    Truth is if the 100K mile Saleen was maintained and is anything like most 86's it has at least another 250K of getting completely pounded left in it anyway. Great drive. Bad investment probably given the public's view of miles.

  18. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Is the car actually sold? I don't close ads unless the seller says so.
    PAS posted a pic of this car on their Face book page parked in there garage about 2 weeks ago ?!

  19. #69
    FEP Super Member escogt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Posts
    13,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airplanedriver View Post
    PAS posted a pic of this car on their Face book page parked in there garage about 2 weeks ago ?!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue

  20. #70
    FEP User Boxtop78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Stockton,California
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Wow...beautiful collections of Saleen you have there ,one of my favorite next to SVT Cobra.

  21. #71

    Default

    My god!!!.....Heaven.So jelious!!

  22. #72
    FEP Super Member sowaxeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,454

    Default

    My comment that you quoted on had NOTHING to do with the the sellers antics and whether he chose to accept a members offer....it was simply that the hammer price on the ebay auction was a stupid good deal. Placing an ad on a forum does NOT mean you should scrutinize his price. If you want to bargain with someone....email or PM them. For a site that is meant to bring the FEP fans together, digging on a member about his asking price certainly does NOTHING to help. Simple respect...if you are in the market, communicate directly with the seller. If you are not...then don't start a keyboard argument that hurts the sellers ad. Pretty simple common sense IMO.

    NOW...if harry posted in the FYI section, sure...fair game But this was not the case.

    BTW the car was purchased BY a member on this board. There was no reason to bring this back around three months POST sale, and again nit-pick Harry about his price and who he sold to.

    Threads like this are what cause members to step away. In this case, yes Harry sold the car and is no longer on here.

    This can definitely be locked down...car has been in the possession of Mark at Performance Autosport since early October.

    Quote Originally Posted by noslorob View Post
    I disagree. He was offered a fair price for the car by a fellow member, and then re-offered a generous price for the car by a member on THIS board. THIS board that is specifically designed to bring together other 4 eyed fans. He placed the ad here on a public forum, which opened him up to scrutiny on his price, and only a FEW members did so. In my opinion I say that is fair because HE was seeking buyers, not vice versa. Now it appears to me that the seller got butt hurt and went and sold away from FEP for less on purpose because he didn't like the fact that he had to read a couple of posts that disagreed with his price. For goodness sakes, I would think an adult could handle reading a few words of disagreement in order to sell a car on a website that caters to specific cars. I would have been a player on the car myself, and could have gone to the bank and pulled the cash right out. But his posts made it sound as if he was not willing to negotiate very much at all, and his asking price was a few thousand too high for a 100,000 mile car. AND to prove it my best friend has an 89 SSC with 23,000 mile that he would sell for $25,000.
    Last edited by sowaxeman; 01-04-2018 at 09:25 AM.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

    '82 GT Med. Red - 15k Mile Orig. Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2018 Best Original 79-86)
    '85 GT Black - 16k Mile Orig. Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2016 Best Original 79-86)
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '92 LX 5.0 Calypso - 10k Mile Orig. Survivor (Sold @ Foxtoberfest...2017 Best Original 87-93)
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,700 Mile Original Survivor
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey - 16k miles @ counting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •