Close

Thread: MC size

Default MC size

What size is 1988 GT Master Cylinder? What size is 93 cobra Master Cylinder?
    Last edited by Hammer Down; 07-30-2017 at 12:00 PM.

1988 GT MC is a 21mm bore or 0.826772" between a 13/16" and 7/8"

1993 Cobra is a 1" bore
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

In your opinion will that 88 MC(mated to 93 cobra booster) work with sn95 m2300x 13"brembo and the NRC 11.65" rear cobra setup??

I thought we had already gone over this in one of your other threads, but I might be thinking of one of the many other threads about brakes!

Simple answer is that yes the 88 MC can be mated up and operate. The question is how well and if the MC gives you the brake pedal "feel" you want/like.

I have virtually the exact setup on my 79 PC. 03/04 Cobra 13" front brakes, 03/04 Cobra IRS with 11.65" rear brakes. I also have the 93 Cobra booster and the 93 Cobra MC. The brakes stop very well and work just fine. I personally HATE the pedal "feel" The pedal has very little travel and that makes it hard to modulate under heavy braking. When I replace the engine in the car, I plan to swap the 93 Cobra MC for a 94/95 Cobra 15/16" MC. I believe that will give me the additional pedal travel and a better "feel" than the 93 Cobra 1" MC while still using a MC that is designed for rear brakes rather than the 1988 MC that is designed for Disc/Drums. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Yes. We did go over it in another thread but I was incorrect about which MC I had. I thought it was 93 cobra but it's actually an 88 GT. So if it's designed for disc/drum it will still work?

I love my Mark VII master cyl paired with 99 GT calipers and 95GT rear. It is an all metal 1".

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer Down View Post
    Yes. We did go over it in another thread but I was incorrect about which MC I had. I thought it was 93 cobra but it's actually an 88 GT. So if it's designed for disc/drum it will still work?
    I personally prefer to use an true disc/disc MC rather than a disc/drum setup. Will it work? Most likely the brakes will operate, but I doubt you will get enough fluid volume to the rear calipers for the to operate correctly. Personally I would swap it out for a true 4 wheel disc MC to be safe. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

In Ford land, there is no such thing as a disc/disc or disc/drum m/c. Virtually all Ford m/c use the same piston diameter for the primary and secondary system and don't have delay valves in either circuit.
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support

I used SN95 rear axle in back with 86 2.0 ranger rotors and stock calipers up front. Worked far better than stock drums.

Huge gains going to SN95 spindles with 99GT calipers and Baer brakes, Mark VII master cyl, and Summit proportioning valve.