Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    As stated before, it sounds like you have a bad hydraulic rubber line going to the front brakes. The lines will deteriorate from the inside out, so they may look fine, but have collapsed internally. When you remove the brake line from the M/C that relieves the pressure and the brake(s) unlock just as you would normally release the pedal. I would recommend replacing both lines just due to age and the fact that both are too important and too inexpensive to not cover your butt in situations such as this. You are probably looking at $20 a side give or take at Oreilly, AZ, etc.

I will be back down in TX by the 20th or so. Send me a PM and I will give you my contact information. You can stop by my ole shop in Hutto and I can help you out if needed. Good Luck!
    thanks for the reply Trey,,,,,good to hear that youll b in town....I replace the 2 hoses and calipers,, didnt do the back hose yet,,,I got a new brake booster just havent instaled it yet...

Quote Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
    Welcome fellow Texan! Did you also change the rubber hose in the back, over the axle? I had a similar problem with mine when I went through the car several years ago. Changed all three rubber brake hoses and A-OK after that.
    Hello bwguardian!!....I didnt change that one ,, Im gonna install the new brake booster n go from there,,,,thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by 84zorro View Post
    Hello bwguardian!!....I didnt change that one ,, Im gonna install the new brake booster n go from there,,,,thanks!!
    It's easier and/or cheaper to do the brake line first. Just be sure and get the correct one as they are different between the 7.5" and 8.8" rear ends.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Quote Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
    It's easier and/or cheaper to do the brake line first. Just be sure and get the correct one as they are different between the 7.5" and 8.8" rear ends.
    thats right,but then I saw that the BB was rusty so i went ahead n get a new one,,but yeah Im gonna get that hose. too..n hopefully thats it!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    82 Capri BM, 84 Mustang Gt, 88 T-Bird TC, 93 Mustang

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12