Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by mcb82gt View Post
    I thought it was cool to see some early stuff being made.
    It IS Kool to see some early stuff being made especially given the costs involved in tooling and other aspects equired to "Repo" a discontinued automotive part.

It's easy to throw stones and make the blanket statement that ALL repo parts JUNK when you have NEVER invested your money, your time and your effort into the re-manufacturing of a discontinued part. Just so everyone knows the answer is YES I have done so and remanufactured a couple REPO parts for other marques in the transportation industry. I'm NOT doing that schidt again!

It's nowhere near as easy or cheap to manufacture a reproduction part for anything without regard to what part of the world your repo part is manufactured. It's all about unit cost, number of units needed to get the part manufactured at a resellable cost and how many of the damn things can you actually sell? Given the previous statement makes little to no "Cents" to remanufacture most discontinued automotive parts.

Personally I am AMAZED at the amount of reproduction parts that are currently available for Foxbody Mustangs!
    Last edited by vintageracer; 01-22-2020 at 12:00 PM.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com