Close

Thread: Power Seats

Default Power Seats

So my entire family is pretty much a Ford family. I have been paying attention here lately and so far it is unanimous with ALL of them. Every single one of the power seats work with no ignition or engine on. They are 100% hot all the time. Lumbar, seat motors, side bolsters, ALL of them have constant power.
    So let's say I am putting power seats in my 1984. I can't imagine why I would need to do anything different but I don't want to burn it down either, LOL. Is all I need is a hot to battery and a fuse protected circuit? Does anyone know how large a fuse is needed for a power seat? Are there any other considerations? It just seems to easy because I have been working on cars over 30 years and it's never that easy.

FEP Super Member

Pretty much that easy .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

I spliced my seats into the power leads I had already ran for my stereo amplifiers.

any power seat from a 79-2004 mustang will bolt right in.
    I've put in 1999-2002 seats in a few mustangs and they are much more comfortable than earlier fox body seats, and hav 6 way adjustability and lumbar.
    The wiring is extremely easy. If you dont have power seats now, just grab the entire wire and pigtails from a jy car
    Know that with these seats you will sit about an inch taller