Close

Default Hi folks, lurker from NW Wisconsin

So I've lurked on this site off and on for many years, through many vehicles. I started out with an 84' notch in 2000, got an 80' and 81' right after another sometime in the early 00's, then was foxless until this spring, when my dad finally decided to sell his 79' Mustang Pace Car. I got the money and got rid of my previous toy (97' Mustang) to make room, and now it waits for its turn to get attention in my garage.

I'm a machinist by hobby and trade, and I dabble a little in electronics and other forms of metal working as well.

There's a lot I want to get done on the 79', and I hope to learn quite a bit while getting to know you folks on here.

I have a Pace Car 'registry'. Would like to get the info from yours. Door tag, buck tag, window sticker, owner card, etc. See my signature and the 1979 Pace Car sub-forum. http://vb.foureyedpride.com/forumdisplay.php?100 Thanks.

Welcome to FEP. Post some pics of your car. Everybody here loves pics.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Welcome to FEP from fellow Pace Car owner.

As FoxChassis stated, please post pics of your PC.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

This is the only pic I have of it at the moment, I'll get it out and clean it up this weekend for more pics for you guys.

I'm relatively sure my dad had it on your registry, but I'll double check this weekend.

Name:  EEoxSiy.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  104.6 KB

Edit: I do have the correct wheels for it, but for now it's riding on the 86' GT wheels. The tires on the stock rims are original and bald, and I had to drive it up from Madison when I got it. No interest in taking that chance.
    Last edited by FuddnStuff; 07-19-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Very cool. Thanks for posting a pic.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Welcome! So, Minneapolis is where you live now? If so, I'm close by.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

It's generally easierto say Minneapolis, I'm actually closer to Eau Claire. Gonna be going to Minneapolis tomorrow night and even further west on Sunday though!

Quote Originally Posted by FuddnStuff View Post
    It's generally easierto say Minneapolis, I'm actually closer to Eau Claire. Gonna be going to Minneapolis tomorrow night and even further west on Sunday though!
    Okay, cool. When I first read it, i thought REALLY northwest Wisconsin as in Superior. The Twin Ports is one of my favorite places to travel. I get up there at least a few times a year.

Anyway, hopefully I'll see you at a show sometime!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

At some point most likely. I've lost interest in car shows for the most part now because there's too many people with rice that think they have a "classic car" and take it to a show.
    There's nothing wrong with an Integra. It may not be my cup of tea, but I'm happy they enjoy it (especially if it's something that was worked on by themselves), but it has no place at a classic car show IMO.

We're actually looking at moving further north when my boy turns 18, prolly not to the ports, but somewhere along Lake Superior most likely.

Cool! Yeah, after our kids are grown, we are looking to move to Duluth. Just love it there.

I agree with the rice thing. They do stay out of the Street Machine Nationals (mostly). But there you get a bunch of stupid turbo Neons and lowriders. Gotta take the good with the bad, i guess. Tons of Four Eyes there this year.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST