Close

Default Searching Craigslist

I like most folks enjoy searching CL for "Overpriced" cars.

When searching the BIG CITY CL's I typically like to search 3 different words in the "For Sale By Owner" Cars for Sale section which brings up all sorts of vehicles for sale not just Foxbody cars as I'll buy anything that's a deal.

Those terms are:

1. Restoration
    2. Vintage
    3. Rare

It's pretty interesting the results you get.

With "Restoration" you get a large number of results from all sorts of years and models of cars. It's the second best search in the amount of cars for sale with the search results being the most interesting to me.

With "Vintage" you tend to get a whole different group of older vehicles most of which you do not see with the "Restoration" search. The "Vintage" search is the 3rd best of these terms with the least number of results as far as number of vehicles for sale.

With "Rare" you get a WHOLE BUNCH OF CRAP!!! Amazing how many times "Rare" is used in car ads and even more amazing the BS that seller's are representing as "RARE"! New cars, old cars, junk cars, missing title cars they are all "Rare". By far the most results over #2 search term "Restoration". There are always at least twice the results when searching "Rare" than you will get when searching "Restoration" and in many cases 4 or 5 times more results when searching "Rare".

All I can tell is there sure is a LOT of "RARE" vehicles out there "For Sale" everyday on CL!!!!!
    Last edited by vintageracer; 07-13-2017 at 10:30 PM.
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

I'll be trying those searches..... One of My favorites is;(Has nitrous but never used it.). Bull****!!io