Close

Default 2016 shelby Gt350 wheel swap

Anyone know if 2016 Gt350 rims would fit in an 82 once it's converted to a 5 lug? Rears are 305 and fronts are 295.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Shelby uses a 19X10.5 front wheel and a 19X11 rear wheel.

Neither size is a good fit for a Fox even converted to 5 lug. On top of that the offsets of the wheels are not conducive to fitting well on a Fox body either, or at least not on wheels that are that wide.

A 275 is about the maximum you can fit under the front fender of a Fox and that is not without issues. A 255 will fit on the right size wheel and work well in most cases for the front.

The rear can handle a 275 easily and many 305's without much more than rolling the fender lips and possibly a BFH to the inner wheel wells in the required locations. 315's are generally too wide without flares or major work to the inner wheel wells. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

How are guys fitting fat tall tires in their fox for slicks?

Quote Originally Posted by ironcore10 View Post
    How are guys fitting fat tall tires in their fox for slicks?

Depends on how fat and how tall. If you are talking a dedicated drag car or even some just serious drag cars, they have been tubbed in the back to allow room to fit the wider/taller tires. This is also done for guys that autocross/road race the Foxes to gain additional room and clearance for larger wheels/tires.

Bottom line is if you are willing to modify the body fit larger wheels/tires then your options are almost limitless (within reason of course!) Otherwise you have a relatively small wheel housing in the rear to allow for larger wheels/tires. If you are strictly talking straight line/cruiser then you can still stuff some decent wheel/tire out back. The issue comes in when you start taking turns at higher speeds and the Fox Quadra Bind begins to show its limitations and allows your larger wheel/tire combo to shift and move around on you causing rubbing and possible cut tires. You will have to address those short comings to prevent this movement with better lower control arms, panhard rod/watts linkage, and/or a Torque arm setup. All items well worth installing in ANY Fox, but it just depends on your desires for the car, your budget, and choices. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller