Close

Default 86 gt engine misfire

I have a 86 gt It's maf converted. Mods and engine combo are in my signature. I've been chasing a misfire for 3 weeks when I've had time to look at it. The tps sensor let go. So I replaced and reset voltage. Also just replaced bank one o2 sensor. Now I have a misfire. I have tried different injectors, maf electronic for my c&l, spark plugs, cap and rotor, a new parts store distributer which made it worse so I put other back in, new plug wires which did actually help but still has a skip. All cylinders have 135-155 psi of compression. I took upper intake and valve covers off and turned over with the starter all rockers are moving and oil is coming through pushrods. All cylinders have spark if I put a timing light on each wire. I have no codes other than egr stuff witch is removed. The cylinder balance test said cyl 4 not contributing then it stalled and I didn't finish the test. I do have coolant leak at the front of intake by cylinder 5 doesn't rev up with brakecleaner or propane though. What should I try next. I just don't want to through parts at it anymore. Want to try another distributer but won't get another cheap one I got 2 bad ines from advance auto so will only buy a msd don't want to drop $200 and not fix the problem.
    86 mustang gt vert 5.0 5 speed 3.73 gears rebuilt stock bottom end with tw170 comp xe270 hr-14 1.6 rr exploder intake 70mm tb mac long tube and flowmaster cat back.
    06 dodge ram 4x4 quad cab 4,7L 6 speed toy hauler
    64 plymouth barracuda mostly original 273 pushbutton auto

I would recommend that you check if you're getting an injector pulse signal on #4 with a noid tester to start with. Report back.

With the upper intake off I looked down the intake with the wife turning the key and cylinder 4 wasn't getting any fuel I then unbpluged the wire and I don't get any power to that injector I did get power to injector next to it now I need to fix the wireing
    86 mustang gt vert 5.0 5 speed 3.73 gears rebuilt stock bottom end with tw170 comp xe270 hr-14 1.6 rr exploder intake 70mm tb mac long tube and flowmaster cat back.
    06 dodge ram 4x4 quad cab 4,7L 6 speed toy hauler
    64 plymouth barracuda mostly original 273 pushbutton auto