Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

And as it goes - if you want clearance then you want near stock height valve covers. That points towards steel rockers. The Crane units that were OE on the 93 Cobra test out at 1.72:1. They are relatively light and very strong. Unless you are building a very high dollar screamer there is little reason to use aluminum when you look at the reduced longevity and greater flex.

If you are not right at the limits on your valve springs there is a good chance you'll see more power with steel rockers and all other things exactly the same vs aluminum just because of the way it flexes under load and this flex increases with heat.

Id look at a roller tip steel rocker set personally. It's just simpler to sort out.

Ok... I had been looking up stainless steel ones, but I will see what std steel rockers are available. The stainless ones made by PRW look decent, get good reviews, and are reasonably priced. I've checked to see if anyone has experience with them, but so far no one has said anything either way about them.

If a stock intake is used, a 1" will clear. Even with the non-convertible mounts I suspect.

Stainless is usually very strong.

He isn't going to get any flex with a reputable brand aluminum rocker arm. The steel versions of roller rockers will fit under your valve covers easier though.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12