Close

FEP Power Member

Default Brake caliper decode

Picked up a set of loaded calipers w/ brackets for free this weekend with a AR33-2B119-D, 2B118-D part numbers and was wondering what year Mustang these are from. My cousin says 2005 and newer?
    Would these fit on a 1995 spindle? Currently running a front & rear discs from a 1995 GT on my 1986.

Thanks,
    Zen
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

2011-13 gt
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Looks like you need adapters to fit S197 calipers to SN95 spindles
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Power Member

Any idea on where to find them?
    Thanks
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

https://www.fullytorquedracing.com/s...brake-kit.html

SN95 14" S197 Retrofit Brake Kit Bracket

$174.99

In stock

Also known as the "working man's big brake kit", this bracket allows the use of S197 dual piston calipers and 14" rotors on all 1994-2004 Mustangs. Requires 18" wheels

Kit contents:
    2x Adapter brackets
    2x Sets of hardware

Our kit includes the necessary adapter bracket and hardware, not the calipers and rotors themselves. You will need to source the following:
    S197 (2005-2009) GT calipers (dual piston)
    S197 (2007-2012 GT500 or 2012-2013 Boss 302) 13.97" brake rotors
    SN95 Stainless Steel Lines, Available Here
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

You should check with more sources about the origin of these calipers, and if/how they could be used with SN95 spindles on a Fox. All of the above info I garnered from a quick Google search and it may not be accurate, or the info has some miss-matches.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

That brake setup would be NO joke!

I wonder if the company that does them would be willing to speak with someone from FEP to provide more info

FEP Power Member

Dang, I'm only running 17" wheels and just bought new tires!
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

Yeah those brackets are for 14" (355 mm) brakes, i.e. GT500. S197 GT brakes are a bit smaller at 13.2" (335 mm).

If you want to 'upgrade' the 1995 GT calipers I would suggest you forgo those S197 loaded calipers and look into the dual-piston PBR (1999+) calipers that fit the SN95 spindles. An all around brake upgrade will be required but you do not have to go with bigger wheels or use adapter brackets.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder