Close

Thread: LTD T5 swap

Default LTD T5 swap

Currently sitting here under the dash of my ltd and cannot for the life of me find the plugs for the manual pedals. Who has done this swap and can say where they are?

I have looked in the kick panel area but all the wiring runs up into the metal framing plus my insulation is in the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

Quote Originally Posted by wdanison43103 View Post
    Currently sitting here under the dash of my ltd and cannot for the life of me find the plugs for the manual pedals. Who has done this swap and can say where they are?

I have looked in the kick panel area but all the wiring runs up into the metal framing plus my insulation is in the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I looked everywhere in the kick panel and under the dash of my 1985 LTD LX when I did my 5 speed conversion, never found them. I just wired the clutch switch directly to the wires that were coming from the neutral safety switch on the AOD wiring. Same with the backup light switch, just used the original wire harness.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

was your LTD CFI? Im wanting to t5 swap my 84 CFI mustang and i hear some guys get weird idle issues, I =m not afraid to go carbed, but i have an
    urgent need to get the car moving under its own power immediately, the motor runs excellent, I just swapped in a 91 f150 motor, with all the old cfi equiptment. Also your answer gives me alot of answers to set up my clutch safety switch thanks!

Sorry man it's been a while wince I've been on here. Yeah my car was CFI when I first did the T5 swap. It ran ok but had a slight hesitation going into first gear, but other than that it was ok with the CFI. I ran it like that for about 3 months before I went to a carburetor.