Close

Default Does anybody remember Chris Doughtie / 85GTvert? He passed away in 2009?

I am looking for info on the 86 4E SVO I bought from Chris Doughtie / 85GTvert who was a member here. He had posted the SVO and his convertible for sale and not many people were interested.

He had been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and passed away in less than thirty days from the date he posted the for sale ad. I had committed to him that I would buy it and wound up buying it from his Widow just after he died. Somebody else local to him bought the convertible. They also loaded up the SVO with a bunch of parts for me and saw it shipped off since his wife was losing their house as well.

I need to find out just what mods he did to the engine as it has pretty much everything that can be done to a 2.3T. I'm guessing it is in the 400HP range easy.

It has the Essy aluminum head FMIC and everything else possible.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Hey guys, this is another sobering reminder of how fragile life is, and how important it is that we all protect our families when the inevitable but unexpected happens to us all. We've had more than one member pass away and accidentally leave their family in a mess. When working on our cars and planning the next upgrades, be sure that you've bought sufficient (not just the minimal stuff you might have while you work at your current company) life insurance first and that the most important folks in your world are going to be taken care of. It's really not expensive, and whether you have it or not, it's a hugely life-altering decision you make for those you leave behind.

Ok, enough of that...I don't want to hijack Ken's thread here, and he needs those answers. Be well, everyone.

Jeff / Capriman86 took ownership of the vert.....

Thanks hopefully he'll see this and have some back ground. I'm 99% sure he had a build thread either here, or on TurboFord, and maybe both. I have no idea what cam etc. but it clearly isn't stock. Plus it has some kind of ECU add on for tuning. I'll be getting it cleaned up this weekend as I'm being forced to sell it to finish my house addition project.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

So nobody remembers anything about him? He was a fairly popular guy here. Oh well...
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

Sorry but long before my time around here. Hope someone can step up and help you out.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

Did you PM Jeff? He may not have seen the message
    Quote Originally Posted by JTurbo View Post
    Jeff / Capriman86 took ownership of the vert.....
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Good luck on the sale. It's a shame, you almost had a full house of 86 4E cars
    1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

I still have the 4E 85 Hertz and the 4E coupe. I had made some posts on FaceBook about selling the 4E Capri as well to which Jeff replied. I sent the potential buyer a bunch of pics and haven't heard back from him.

If the deal falls through I will post it ( the Capri ) for sale here on FEP.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post
    I still have the 4E 85 Hertz and the 4E coupe. I had made some posts on FaceBook about selling the 4E Capri as well to which Jeff replied. I sent the potential buyer a bunch of pics and haven't heard back from him.

If the deal falls through I will post it ( the Capri ) for sale here on FEP.
    Wow id be interested in that...

Jeff did wind up with the vert and it was then taken custody by a new owner. I do believe the convertible is still around. I remember when Jeff took ownership of it, Ken from Mass took the ride with him. I recall Jeff telling me a lot was done to the drivetrain. I do remember him posting every now and again (85vert) however I don't think he was overly active.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009