Close

Default New member in Washington

Hey everybody, my name is Carson I am new to this forum and excited to get started and meet you all!
    Here's some backstory- 2 years ago when I was 15, I bought my first car- a black 1986 GT Hatchback with a 5 speed all for 3,500$. I wanted something alittle different from the everyday civics and rangers Driven to school. I love this car, the history, and the following. Here are some pics of my 86 Name:  IMG_6821.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  113.4 KBName:  IMG_1702.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  174.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Nice looking 86, what's the story behind the Shelby?

Nice car... Welcome to FEP...

Thanks man. And my dad bought that strait out of high school 30+ years ago, and hung on to it ever since Original car, but repainted in 79. I thought it was a cool photo oppurtinity
    Last edited by Williams86GT; 07-06-2017 at 03:06 AM.

Pretty cool car, love the Dads car bet your going to do the same.
    What is the story behind your car?
    Welcome to FEP
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Thanks Rob
    story is, I bought it from the second owner in 2015 just before I turned 16. Car is all original, even the paint. Had 145,000 miles on it. Finally got my liscence and a job, and I can start pumping money into it. so I saved up and put a couple thousand into a rebuild and 347 stroker with the original block, and put in an e303 cam. Right now I'm in the process of reinstalling the stroker, hoping to drive by next weekend. Trying to keep it close to original, yet stand out.

welcome to FEP, great cars
    to think when I was 15 it was considered cool to go to school on a bicycle ! this was the UK though....
    People who say it cannot be done should not get in the way of the people doing it!

1979 Mustang 2.8V6
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 limited

[QUOTE=Williams86GT;1851888]Thanks Rob
    story is, I bought it from the second owner in 2015 just before I turned 16. Car is all original, even the paint. Had 145,000 miles on it. Finally got my liscence and a job, and I can start pumping money into it. so I saved up and put a couple thousand into a rebuild and 347 stroker with the original block, and put in an e303 cam. Right now I'm in the process of reinstalling the stroker, hoping to drive by next weekend. Trying to keep it close to original, yet stand out.[

/QUOTE]
    So far your doing a nice job. Great to see younger people involved with these cars. I bet you hold on to her for life, if not you will always say" Man I wish I had my first car"
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Welcome to FEP. Very clean looking 86.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

Welcome! Love the car

Welcome to the forum, if you ever take a trip down to Oregon let me know (I live 1/2 an hour from Washington) I'd love to get some pics of these two together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kendellgil; 07-09-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Welcome to FEP Carson.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Kendellgil View Post
    Welcome to the forum, if you ever take a trip down to Oregon let me know (I live 1/2 an hour from Washington) I'd love to get some pics of these two together.

dude I would love to! Actually have family just south of Portland, so it shouldn't be long till my next ride down. I'll totally take up that offer. Beautiful car, just from that photo I can tell the paint is killer

[QUOTE=83GTRAG;1851901]
    Quote Originally Posted by Williams86GT View Post
    Thanks Rob
    story is, I bought it from the second owner in 2015 just before I turned 16. Car is all original, even the paint. Had 145,000 miles on it. Finally got my liscence and a job, and I can start pumping money into it. so I saved up and put a couple thousand into a rebuild and 347 stroker with the original block, and put in an e303 cam. Right now I'm in the process of reinstalling the stroker, hoping to drive by next weekend. Trying to keep it close to original, yet stand out.[

/QUOTE]
    So far your doing a nice job. Great to see younger people involved with these cars. I bet you hold on to her for life, if not you will always say" Man I wish I had my first car"
    Hey thanks! And honestly that is my long term plan, I think it would be really neat to hold onto her. And Like you said, I'm trying to learn from all the guys beating themselves up over letting the first one go

Thank you everybody for the welcomes!

Quote Originally Posted by Williams86GT View Post
    dude I would love to! Actually have family just south of Portland, so it shouldn't be long till my next ride down. I'll totally take up that offer. Beautiful car, just from that photo I can tell the paint is killer
    Thanks! Looks like you're doing a great job taking care of yours. I'll send you my cell # in a PM.

Hopefully I have time to finish detailing her before you make it down this way.

FEP Senior Member

Welcome Carson. I'm also in Oregon but on the south central side. Maybe we'll cross paths someday. Keep up the good work on yours.