Close

Default Cd deck questions

I've got a 86 gt with the stock stereo and it kinda works but I wanna leave it in there has anyone came up with something to leave it there and have a hidden CD player somewhere else in the car? I've looked around in the car and there's just not much of a place to hid something like that unless I take the glove box apart and stick it in there somehow

I can't think of anything that would allow you to add a CD deck or even aux/bluetooth to a factory 1986 head unit. You will most likely have to replace the head unit or do something completely stealth and separate from the factory system. And at that point...why CD's? I get you may have a collection of CD's (as do I) but I can't tell you the last time I have put one in my car or house stereo. Try looking into the new wave of BlueTooth Amplifiers....they are a small circuit board that allow you to power them from nearly any DC source, and fabricate it into anything you want...with very nice power to drive 2, 3 or 4 speakers. A buddy of mine built one into a large cooler that he carries around on his UTV. Just turn it on, and connect your phone or iPod. It frickin' rocks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TDA7492P-50W...8AAOSwi8VZRIcF
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

FM modulator would allow you to add a line in. Then iPod or whatever else you want for your music.

Cassette converter will allow you a wire for iPod. That's what I did to mine. Keeps it original and still get my tunes.
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Both are viable options...but both would have degraded sound quality. But given it is piping through a stock '86 "premium stereo"....that is probably not even noticeable

The problem with FM modulators is there are SO many new and low power channels out there any more, that unless you stay around home (where you set the the unused freq. you want to use) you may have to make adjustments for an unused channel as you venture out every 25-50 miles. Unless FM modulators have changed since I last used one and they can squash out/step on the interference?

Cassette adapter would work as well...assuming he has a factory cassette player.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey