Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I presently have 61 photos on flickr and it still says I'm using <1% on my allowed 1 TB of storage so I assume you can store quite a bit there. This is all with the free account.

Hope this helps. I'd used PB for a lot of years and was pretty bummed when they decided to price it beyond my reach. Even if it gets to the point that I have to buy a flickr account it's only $49/year. That I could afford.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

^^^^^^ I do exactly what Mike posted above and it works great. I posted it here with step by step pictures:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...lickr-Tutorial

I hope to have the Foxtoberfest 4 eye pics uploaded and posted on FEP by tomorrow, in which will be done by using Flickr.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

FINALLY. Thanks. I was missing both that you have to copy the BB Code one and also that you had to remove those parts at the beginning and end. You can also still use the "attach photo" button if you want and it still works but as stated in your thread, you don't HAVE to.

FEP Supporter

Thought I would share this...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bifiaedg?hl=en

It's a plugin for Chrome that allows all images hotlinked from PB to be viewed. Works like a champ!
    '85 GT

FEP Supporter

I still have all of my images of PB while I am still in flux on which way to host my pictures. I was on their site today and noticed they have "new" plans for hosting.

Maybe their new business model wasn't doing very well for them!

Name:  PB rates 21-1-18.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  78.6 KB
    Last edited by 82GTforME; 01-21-2018 at 11:12 AM.

FEP Supporter

Double post...

Had they done that from the get go I think they might have retained most of their customers. I think it's too late now as most of us have already moved on.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

I think it was a crappy move when that happened. I thought it was something with my browser when all the picts first began disappearing. It was like image ransom ware.

I got the email saying I needed to pay them $399 a year this week. But, as far as I can tell my pictures are still up. I made sure to send the a sarcastic reply.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

Make a backup of everything if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Maybe their new business model wasn't doing very well for them!Name:  PB rates 21-1-18.jpg

Ya think????

I am sure their "Customer Success" team will be happy to help you in any way they can.

At least that's what their propaganda says!
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    I still have all of my images of PB while I am still in flux on which way to host my pictures. I was on their site today and noticed they have "new" plans for hosting.

Name:  PB rates 21-1-18.jpg
    I still have photos stored on PB as I never knew what to do so I started hosting on the forum here in the meantime.

Today I was uploading some and noted this announcement. Seems there is new management and they have a new business model again.

Seems their new business model wasn't doing very well for them It only took a year to see all the people go and no one buy their packages?

(BTW all your old pictures look to be viewable again)

Welcome to the New Photobucket!

Photobucket has new management, and we are liberating your images!

As of today, your hosted images are live.

Photobucket has a new management team that wants to do the right thing. We are committed to earning back your trust and offering comprehensive and flexible image storage and hosting options for our customers. We’ve taken your feedback and made some changes to our pricing model that allows us to offer competitively priced plans that fit the needs of all of our customers.

Today, our current customers’ hosted images have been restored and Photobucket is introducing a new pricing plan that is built around everyone’s needs.

For a limited time, we are offering a new, competitive subscription package that includes ad-free storage and 3rd party image hosting for just $1.99 per month, or $19.99 per year - which is 95 percent less than the previous pricing model. A free subscription option will still be available to customers who do not require 3rd party image hosting.

In an effort to improve our customers’ experience, we’ve also moved away from an advertising-based model and have eliminated a portion of ads from the site.

Photobucket pioneered the image sharing and hosting market 15 years ago, and our new management team is committed to returning Photobucket to the premier imaging service people had come to know and trust.

There are more positive changes on the way, but for now we are excited to share this new compelling subscription option, as a testament to our dedication to you, our valued customers.

https://support.photobucket.com/hc/e...2a2f59cb315a9b
    Last edited by 82GTforME; 05-17-2018 at 11:10 PM.

Good for them!

The BIG Question Now:

Is this Olive Branch of a pricing/hosting plan they are now offering to what customer's they have left WAY TO LITTLE WAY TO LATE?

I believe the resounding answer will be YES!

Photobucket has made the BIG Business Mistake of making their customer's MAD! When you make your current customer's MAD they responded by shopping the competition for what is probably the FIRST TIME EVER and maybe just maybe those pissed off customer's liked what they see in the services and most certainly the pricing of hosting services offered by Photobucket's competition.

BIG MISTAKE on the part of Photobucket!

It's one thing when your current customer's decide on their own to "Shop" your competition however to do something completely STUPID and give your customer's a BIG REASON to go out and "Shop" available competitive service's for what is probably the first time ever is REALLY DUMB!

Now after waiting for 1 year to FINALLY respond in a positive manner to their remaining Photobucket customers after having already pissed off and LOST many previous customers who moved their photo hosting to other photo hosting services Photobucket will be fortunate if they get back 25% of the customer's they lost over their previously poorly thought out business plan and bad business decision!

Photobucket is NOW another of those "Has Been Internet Service's" that litter's the internet landscape!

The internet is a Very Unforgiving place towards service provider's who piss off their customer's!

When will management ever learn????
    Last edited by vintageracer; 05-18-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    Mike

www.musclecardeals.com

Its that "know & trust" part of the statement thats tough. While I was never a photo bucket user, it would seem they literally hijacked everyones photo's & held them for ransom. Maybe they let users know this was coming back when it happened, but from the outside it looked like a kidnapping. Know & trust? Not so sure. If they would have implemented some sort of advertising or something like that to be removed by "paying up" maybe. But to take all of those photos that people imbedded all over websites & forums & just shut them off asking for unreasonable amounts of money is not what I would call good business. Whomever came up with that plan, failed & failed miserably. Thats a Black Eye for photo bucked thats been permanently tattooed.

Screw Photobucket! I think it's a kick in the teeth now they're offering this new pricing plan trying to salvage their failed attempt to extort and strong arm money from their customers! I would pay the money to another company first before I would ever go back to them. The tactic they used was purely based on greed and no regard for their customer loyalty.

I am currently trying to decide if I want to run the risk of loading the images to another free service and be ransomed down the road or just hosting the images myself from my band's http://greedusa.com domain.

Robert
    Last edited by Hemlock; 05-18-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

That's hilarious. Yep, they blew it bigtime, and now they know it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

When bean counters (trying to be manipulative strong arm Lefty and Louies like they did, power dumping advertising into the venue, etc... a general dollar signs in the eyes scenario) are allowed to steer the ship, they ALWAYS sink the ship.
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Photobucket has made the links live again (and I didn't pay them a nickle).....

I'm not sure how long it will last.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

As part of their "NEW" business plan Photobucket has RESTORED all the previous (OLD) photo links you may have had linked/posted to web boards and threads in the past if you still have a Photobucket account and those pictures are still in your Photobucket photo albums.

Their "Gift" to You!

Going forward and in the future if you wish to "3rd party" link pictures from your Photobucket photo album to web boards you will have to become a $1.99/month service member OR pay the flat $20.00 special they have going on NOW to "Lure" customers back to their service.

$20.00/year is a reasonable deal IF you are willing to go back or never left Photobucket to have them host/3rd party link your pictures IF that ability to link those photo's to other locations on the web is important to YOU.

For most folks "I" believe it's Too Little Too Late!

Yes "I" still have a Photobucket account and yes "I" still use it.

"I" have never used photobucket to host/link 3rd party web post pictures so for "ME" this adventure has been all about nothin!
    Last edited by vintageracer; 05-20-2018 at 11:54 AM.
    Mike

www.musclecardeals.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234