Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    So is there no way to host pictures free now I guess? I tried Google Drive and Flickr and they both will let you post a LINK to your pictures and give you free space, there is no way to actually embed an image on a website.

Supposedly you can click on "share" in flickr and when I click on embedded I get this, which obviously is not a valid link to a photo.
    I'm using flickr and not having any problems embedding pics.

After uploading a pic to flickr you simply click on it which brings up this screen:

Now click on the arrow that bends to the right in the lower right of the screen and it will bring up this screen:

In this screen you can copy the image code and paste it into your post. I always delete the parts of the code before and after the [img] and [/img] tags to remove the flickr ID from the pic, but you don't have to do that.

You will then have a pic embedded in your post like this:

It's a few more steps than PB was but pretty easy after you do it a few times.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

I presently have 61 photos on flickr and it still says I'm using <1% on my allowed 1 TB of storage so I assume you can store quite a bit there. This is all with the free account.

Hope this helps. I'd used PB for a lot of years and was pretty bummed when they decided to price it beyond my reach. Even if it gets to the point that I have to buy a flickr account it's only $49/year. That I could afford.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

^^^^^^ I do exactly what Mike posted above and it works great. I posted it here with step by step pictures:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...lickr-Tutorial

I hope to have the Foxtoberfest 4 eye pics uploaded and posted on FEP by tomorrow, in which will be done by using Flickr.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

FINALLY. Thanks. I was missing both that you have to copy the BB Code one and also that you had to remove those parts at the beginning and end. You can also still use the "attach photo" button if you want and it still works but as stated in your thread, you don't HAVE to.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234