Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Broncojunkie View Post
    I was watching a car show the other day on Velocity channel and just got irritated at how the shows are literally just turning into infomercials. We pay nearly $150/month for cable and internet (no movie/sports packages or anything) just to be bombarded with ads. I'm getting fed up with society
    The ads are following the eyeballs. TV is slowly dying a non-profitable death and channels are starting to find more and more ways to keep cash-flow going. I stopped TV service a few years ago and I can barely stand to watch TV when I'm traveling. I'd rather stream something, which is where the ads are showing up more and more. I am more familiar with YouTube than any other streaming service, but I can tell you ad rates there are getting cheaper and cheaper all the time as video supply becomes more and more available. I'm sure TV is doing the same, so companies can now buy more air time for the same money as a year ago. Also channels are getting cheaper to produce all the time as most are starting to go more and more to "reality" based TV. Other than people filming and editing, it's pretty cheap to make and distribute as there's rarely a studio to keep up on. It's usually on location for the episode or at a garage somewhere. The last time I watched Velocity it was almost the same commercials at every 10 minute break. Watching the channel for a couple hours and you can about recite the commercials word for word.

Quote Originally Posted by Basin Motorsports View Post
    The ads are following the eyeballs. TV is slowly dying a non-profitable death and channels are starting to find more and more ways to keep cash-flow going. I stopped TV service a few years ago and I can barely stand to watch TV when I'm traveling. I'd rather stream something, which is where the ads are showing up more and more. I am more familiar with YouTube than any other streaming service, but I can tell you ad rates there are getting cheaper and cheaper all the time as video supply becomes more and more available. I'm sure TV is doing the same, so companies can now buy more air time for the same money as a year ago. Also channels are getting cheaper to produce all the time as most are starting to go more and more to "reality" based TV. Other than people filming and editing, it's pretty cheap to make and distribute as there's rarely a studio to keep up on. It's usually on location for the episode or at a garage somewhere. The last time I watched Velocity it was almost the same commercials at every 10 minute break. Watching the channel for a couple hours and you can about recite the commercials word for word.
    We had planned on having internet only (no cable) but our local cable company is the only internet service provider around here. They offer a package deal (not much of a deal...still outrageous) and limit your internet usage, so it's not unlimited service. In other words, it's set up so you don't use it for streaming and pretty much have to get cable too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    I got a reply when i contacted them through their Facebook page. Maybe try that?
    I already surmise it won't be any kind of useful or constructive reply, if ever I actually get a reply (imagine the smoke and flames bursting the seams of their Inbox about now, LOL!), but a load of subject-avoiding apologetic PR. It's too bad the a$$hole bean counters who make such corporate decisions aren't on the front lines of damage control. I hope anybody in BotoPhucket employ have life boats, they're gonna need 'em.
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1966 Ford Fairlane sedan
    1966 Ford Fairlane GT
    1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham
    1980 Capri RS Turbo
    1971 Mustang
    1974 Pontiac LeMans

Seems to me if photobucket wants to redeem themselves at all at this point they should look at their wording. As they said something to the effect of "this day forward" or "moving forward" then it would be in everyone's best interest to stick to just having this new format count toward FUTURE images hosted with them rather than undoing everyone's hard work. Ego will doubtfully let them do any roll backs, but then if they wanted people who are using them free to go away then they accomplished that. This little act will free up a lot of server space for those crazy enough to pay for their service. Maybe that was their plan.
    '03 Explorer Limited
    '85 LX
    '85 Twister II
    '89 LX
    '98 v6
    '77 Mach 1.....and I still own them all.

So, I finally got a BotoPhucket reply, the one and only reply ever, and it's got me rolling on the floor, but nauseated at the same time...

Recapping, here's what I sent Monday, July 17, 2017:
    "I wish to download MY entire "bucket", which I have been able to do in the past, and now am unable to do. I just jumped through all of your goddamn hoops to download numerous sub folders worth of images at a time to zip files to my email, and MINUTES later, NOT your stated 12 hour period to download, the links send me to a page that tells me the downloads are no longer EFFING available. Enough of wasting hours of my time. Instruct me precisely how to download MY entire "bucket" so that MY images do not go down with the sinking ship run by bean counters that photobucket has become. Thank you."

BotoPhucket response, Thursday, July 20, 2017:
    "Hello,
    We haven't heard back from you in a few days so we're checking in with you! We're hoping this means our suggestions (suggestions... WHAT SUGGESTIONS?) have worked, or you've answered your question yourself. If this is the case, well done! If your question is still unanswered, don't worry! You can reply back to this email and re-open the ticket, or if its been a while, it will open a new ticket.
    Thank you,
    Your Photobucket Support Robot"

Glad to be outta that hole, run by IDIOTS!
    Last edited by Walking-Tall; Yesterday at 09:35 PM.
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1966 Ford Fairlane sedan
    1966 Ford Fairlane GT
    1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham
    1980 Capri RS Turbo
    1971 Mustang
    1974 Pontiac LeMans

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123