Quote Originally Posted by Broncojunkie View Post
I was watching a car show the other day on Velocity channel and just got irritated at how the shows are literally just turning into infomercials. We pay nearly $150/month for cable and internet (no movie/sports packages or anything) just to be bombarded with ads. I'm getting fed up with society
The ads are following the eyeballs. TV is slowly dying a non-profitable death and channels are starting to find more and more ways to keep cash-flow going. I stopped TV service a few years ago and I can barely stand to watch TV when I'm traveling. I'd rather stream something, which is where the ads are showing up more and more. I am more familiar with YouTube than any other streaming service, but I can tell you ad rates there are getting cheaper and cheaper all the time as video supply becomes more and more available. I'm sure TV is doing the same, so companies can now buy more air time for the same money as a year ago. Also channels are getting cheaper to produce all the time as most are starting to go more and more to "reality" based TV. Other than people filming and editing, it's pretty cheap to make and distribute as there's rarely a studio to keep up on. It's usually on location for the episode or at a garage somewhere. The last time I watched Velocity it was almost the same commercials at every 10 minute break. Watching the channel for a couple hours and you can about recite the commercials word for word.