Close

Thread: Holly carb

Default Holly carb

Hello, i got a stock 302 motor with a t 5 trans.looking for recommendations for a holly carb .i like the black powder coated ones.Thanks

Holley 570 Street Avenger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jjltthomas View Post
    Holley 570 Street Avenger
    will holly bk 1901 work?

Looked it up to see what it is, I can't find anything on a 1901.

FEP Senior Member

I've never run one of these, but I'm sure it could be made to work. It looks like the secondaries are kind of a quasi 3-4 barrel design. I cannot tell if the throttle blades will work with your stock intake. You may have to run a spacer under the carb with a stock intake. Are you planning to upgrade the intake at the same time? You have a T5 so you don't have to mess with the AOD TV connection which will simplify the install. Also no guarantees this will fit under your stock air cleaner. Carb swaps are usually a lot of fun because the fit affects so many other different parts and you never know how everything will fit together until you have it sitting on top of the intake.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...mon/parts/1901

That's (1901) a Carter/Edelbrock clone, a 625 "Street Demon". The secondary/rear throttle plate is a "B" shape and opens forward-down, so shouldn't be an issue bolted onto any 4-barrel intake manifold that will accept a Carter/Edelbrock carburetor.

If you haven't yet, it's a good idea to look at these:

Instructions: http://documents.holley.com/lit701rev10.pdf

Important Notice: http://documents.holley.com/lit721.pdf
    Last edited by Walking-Tall; 07-22-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Their can be no happiness with out Goggle Valve Secondaries.....

Its a Carter Themoquad polycarbonate base carb with a Holley 3 barrel secondary trap and Quadrajet Triple boosters in a Demon wrapper....made by Holley!

If the jets and metering rods are right, then all you need to make it run is the right fuel pressure, manifold port and leak free base to mount it on. And make sure you got the right air cleaner hookups.

Blog Entries

I ran one of those street demon carbs before I put the blower on my car. I really liked it- it had the no gaskets below the fuel level and the easy metering rod changes of an Edelbrock, with the easily adjustable secondary opening time of a Holley, and better transition between the idle/part throttle and full throttle than the Edelbrock ever had. I never dove into tuning it too deeply since I went to a mechanical secondary Holley with the blower, but i wouldn't hesitate to recommended one. That being said, whatever you go with, plan on tuning it- either yourself, or pay somebody who knows how. If you are going to pay to have it done, finding someone to tune a standard Holley is probably going to be far easier than any other option.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Quote Originally Posted by brianj View Post
    I ran one of those street demon carbs before I put the blower on my car. I really liked it- it had the no gaskets below the fuel level and the easy metering rod changes of an Edelbrock, with the easily adjustable secondary opening time of a Holley, and better transition between the idle/part throttle and full throttle than the Edelbrock ever had. I never dove into tuning it too deeply since I went to a mechanical secondary Holley with the blower, but i wouldn't hesitate to recommended one. That being said, whatever you go with, plan on tuning it- either yourself, or pay somebody who knows how. If you are going to pay to have it done, finding someone to tune a standard Holley is probably going to be far easier than any other option.
    just upgraded intake to weiand stealth.