Every build thread has to start somewhere so mine begins here.
After 15 years sitting in my old dark storage building my 20th is finally out. Her name, Billie Jean. I named her that nearly 20 years ago listening to a Blackstreet song. Blackstreet kinda covered Michael Jackson's Billie Jean and as a 16 year old kid I used to sing the Chorus as Billie Jean is my 5.0, lol!
Moving on... Like any young guy after I had the car for a couple of years I had bigger plans for it, the 5.0 market was hot as a firecracker, most of my best friends were 5.0 guys and ofcourse like anybody else I wanted the baddest bitch amongst them. I had some of the first AFR 185 heads, cam, etc. All lined up sitting in boxes. Then one day I found out that my highschool love had been in a car accident... I was overwhelmed with emotion after having not spoken to her in four years. I sent her flowers while she was in the hospital and gradually we began to talk again. I fell in love all over with my lil redhead. Fast forward a little over a year and we got married (still are &#128513. In the midst of that, houses, kids, you guys have been there, atleast some of you so I know you get it.

So Billie Jean has sat waiting, over the last year I have gathered a small fortune of parts and I'm still not done. I've been in no hurry to rush it. I really want this car to turn out nice, especially after 20 years of ownership. So my build begins here. First the wheels because after sitting on stands for 15 years I had to actually get it to roll again lol. And today it did.
First time in the daylight in over a decade. I'll add pics in the next post and start from there. This is my story with Billie Jean.