Close

Default SOLD '83 Mustang GT 5.0 5-speed REDUCED PRICE 2200 project

Located in Lancaster, California

I have a 1983 Mustang GT 302 (5.0) 5 speed for sale. Only
    48K original miles when it went into storage. This car belonged to my late father-in-law. He parked it about 17 years ago in the garage where it has been ever since.

It is not currently running, but appears that everything is intact as noted in the pictures. I have not tried to start it since it has been sitting so long.

Mostly all original except for the few things listed here:
    Has custom wheels instead of stock
    Grant GT steering wheel
    Upgraded mufflers
    and a aftermarket air cleaner.

Needs the rear hatch and driver door key mechanism replaced.

The spare tire is there and looks as if it has never been removed from the car. Also still has the
    original McGard key for factory wheel locks. (Even though the locks are not there anymore, still a cool item to have)

The title is
    clean and it is currently on a non-op.

This is a fantastic car to be restored. Was asking 2700 but the price has been reduced to 2200. Just want it to go to a good home and be returned to its glory days.

Thanks for looking. Please pass the word

661-547-1825
    Name:  1 front.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  116.4 KBName:  2 outside rear.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  121.7 KBName:  3 engine close up.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  170.6 KBName:  4 interior dash.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  105.9 KBName:  5 interior rear.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  110.8 KB
    Last edited by Bronson1551; 07-26-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Somebody else needs to buy this one....no room for me to resurrect another 17 yr stored 83 GT
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Too far away and too many things to clean up for me. Whats up with that AC? Dealer add on maybe? Looks like kind of a hard 48k but the price is good. It should be gone within a week and hopefully to somebody here.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

If that mileage is legit and it's a rust free car (being from CA is a good sign) then that is a fantastic canvas at $2,700 for somebody looking for a car to bring back to life. Spin the crank by hand with a ratchet (15/16" I believe?) to verify the engine isn't seized...that will go a long way for a buyer on a car that has not ran in 17 years.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    If that mileage is legit and it's a rust free car (being from CA is a good sign) then that is a fantastic canvas at $2,700 for somebody looking for a car to bring back to life. Spin the crank by hand with a ratchet (15/16" I believe?) to verify the engine isn't seized...that will go a long way for a buyer on a car that has not ran in 17 years.

Yes, that has been done. I sprayed fogging oil in the cylinders and let it sit for several days. Then I did spin the crank by hand and it was very smooth. So yeah, the engine isnt seized.

Also the mileage is legit and the car is rust free as you assumed correctly with it being a California car.

Sorry for not adding the above info earlier. Please let me know if there are any other questions or clarifications needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTJIM View Post
    Too far away and too many things to clean up for me. Whats up with that AC? Dealer add on maybe? Looks like kind of a hard 48k but the price is good. It should be gone within a week and hopefully to somebody here.
    The A/C is factory but I also dont understand why the hoses are different. Anybody know?

What a nice clean car. It's refreshing to see someone take the time to clean up the interior, etc. before posting pics. Good luck with the sale!
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

FEP Super Member

I see that stack of parts on the right rear of the engine .
    Is that where they put the cruise control in 83 ?
    My 84 stuff is MIA when I got it 20 years ago .
    I would like to have it , but I just changed out the cruise wheel ,for an Svo, style .

Nice car , and I think I could flip that car , for double that , by just getting it to run and drive .
    Not very much money need be spent , just make it run smooth , and stop straight .
    Good luck .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

I believe that is a correct assumption. The 83 GT I had several years ago had the same vacuum looking canister wedged in there by the AC canister...and it was a factory Cruise Control car.Name:  IMG_2256.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  98.7 KBName:  IMG_2654.JPG
Views: 647
Size:  130.7 KB
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Bumping due to price reduction. Now offered at 2200.

Wow. Very Fair price. I would be all over putting this one back on the road but CA is a deal breaker.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775