Close

Default best $1.99 I ever spent

After putting the lift in my garage a couple months ago, I have come to a conclusion.... Who ever designed this lift must have snuck into my room while I was sleeping and measured the distance between the floor and my ankle bone. I know this because every time I walk by the lift I bang into the jack stems at the base of the columns. It is a direct hit to the part of the ankle bone that sticks out. After throwing fits ( and wrenches) I have finally spent the best two bucks of my life.....
    Name:  noodle.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  65.8 KBName:  uncovered.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  51.2 KBName:  covered.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  49.1 KB
    Last edited by HCBERICH; 06-23-2017 at 04:20 PM.
    Harry
    85 GT T-Top w/18K miles
    85 Saleen 85-131
    86 Saleen 86-018

Ha. Pool Noodles are also terrific for floor jack handles to prevent damage!
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Ha. Pool Noodles are also terrific for floor jack handles to prevent damage!
    Huh, never thought of that. Thanks!!
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179

Very cool.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

HOMER!!! you just helped me solve a different issue, you are a genius! I always thought of myself as a reasonably smart guy but I am beginning to question that. I am going back to the pool store and buying every noodle they have. They are going to be strewn about my house and garage.
    Harry
    85 GT T-Top w/18K miles
    85 Saleen 85-131
    86 Saleen 86-018

That's using your noodle. (Couldn't resist that one.) Thanks for sharing!

You guys quit noodling around
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by HCBERICH View Post
    Name:  noodle.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  65.8 KB
    Who wants to start a poll and place bets on how long those stay attached? The dog in the background sure looks mighty intent on that noodle.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Also slit them, and use them on the cables on the ramp door of the trailer to add visibility.
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo - Only a 4 banger - 1/8th 6.29@110, 1/4 9.87@137

Quote Originally Posted by martin0660 View Post
    Also slit them, and use them on the cables on the ramp door of the trailer to add visibility.
    Boy I could have used that a few times!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    Who wants to start a poll and place bets on how long those stay attached? The dog in the background sure looks mighty intent on that noodle.
    He knows better than to touch anything in the garage!!!!! besides... for some strange reason he is deathly afraid of those things. We have them out around the pool and he walks all the way around to avoid them. Its very odd but then again he is a very odd dog.
    Harry
    85 GT T-Top w/18K miles
    85 Saleen 85-131
    86 Saleen 86-018

I have short white streamers tied onto the cables. 3 on each side. works pretty good, you can see them easily & they will roll up into the torsion spring. I had the same ones on there for years & they are now just starting to fall off.
    Stinks walking into those cables.....

Do you have the caster kit for your lift? I noticed you have it bolted to the floor. If you have no intension of ever moving it with a caster kit, you could always cut those off? Kinda hard to reverse that later, but I can't imagine how much that would hurt to walk into those...... Yowch.

I do have the casters. I do not plan to move the lift but it is nice to have that option down the road. They say you do not need to bolt these down but I wouldn't put my lawnmower on a lift that wasn't secured to the floor. If the posts move 1/2" it changes the geometry of everything and could result in disaster. When I installed this I painstakingly measured and leveled every inch of the lift. The only thing I would use the casters for is to move it to a new position in the garage down the line. Last piece of advice if anyone is considering one of these lifts is to buy the optional aluminum ramps. I did not at first and the steel ones weigh about 55 lbs and they suck to move around. I now have the aluminum ramps and it is life changing!!
    Harry
    85 GT T-Top w/18K miles
    85 Saleen 85-131
    86 Saleen 86-018

I bought a bend pack HD9 about 12 years ago. At first I had buyers remorse from the sense of how much it cost & what little use it would probably get. But, I quickly realized it was money well spent. Now I would say its one of my favorite tools. Even when its not being used I always have something up & out of the way on it. I do not have mine bolted down, but the concrete guy spent extra time get the floor very flat in that area of my shop/garage. It's incredibly rigid & has a double locking system. One spring loaded safely lock & one pneumatic.

Did you look at the sliding axle lift jacks? I plan to get one of those some day, but haven't yet.

This is the one I have been looking at. But not cheap, & would rarely get used....

http://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/4-p...cks/rj-45.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by HCBERICH View Post
    He knows better than to touch anything in the garage!!!!! besides... for some strange reason he is deathly afraid of those things. We have them out around the pool and he walks all the way around to avoid them. Its very odd but then again he is a very odd dog.
    Well that explains the pic. I see now that it's not a look of " I'm gonna tear that up"...... that is pure anxiety! My dog gives the cats that same look.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?