Close

Default 1982 coupe 5.0 fuel injecttion swap help

I have a 1982 Ttop coupe and a wrecked 1989 5.0 coupe Im converting the Ttop coupe over to all 1989 interior, wiring, engine, lines, and suspension. i will leave the four eyed look on the out side. i had a few rust spots on the front end battery acid leaked and rusted out and hood hinges also rusted threw so i put the front end and cowl off a 1987-1993 mustang just a little background for you. My question is what is the best way to wire the headlights and taillights and the other is is the 1984 bumper cover available aftermarket cause i like the looks of it.Name:  IMG_5578.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  96.3 KBName:  IMG_5534.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  128.6 KBName:  IMG_5577.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  132.1 KBName:  IMG_5812.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  122.7 KBName:  IMG_5802.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  100.0 KB

What color was the org interior?
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

You want to put a four eyed interior in an 89, all for helping. Going the other way, not so much.

Good luck, but read the forum rules.

I have a 1982 Ttop coupe and a wrecked 1989 5.0 coupe Im converting the Ttop coupe over to all 1989 interior i think you misread
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 06-20-2017 at 09:42 AM.

The main issue is the area where the pcm sits in the 89 model that area is not big enough in the 82 model and the hole is not big enough for the harness to fit through the firewall

FEP Senior Member

You will most likely need to combine harnesses and split them by function if you want to run different things like headlights and taillights from different cars. You should have the harnesses from the T-top now to make the lights work. They may not connect to the '89 interior easily, so try looking through service manuals and see how to wire them up.

I don't know of any '84 front ends as aftermarket. '85/'86 are all I usually see.

I am doing something similar ('92 v8 drivetrain in an '80 notchback), so i feel your pain on the wiring. Good luck.