Close

Default Vin Chassis numbers label / Back tag

Hi guys I'm sure this has been asked before is there any other numbers stamped into the body of a Fox body car
    I no of the label in the door jam and the tag that is screwed to the Radiator panel Cheer Darin

Yes there are. Since you are Australian, its just like producing a fake E49 VH Valiant or Phase III Falcon GTHOs,

On Valiants, every body part has a stamping detail if you know where to look.

First check is this:-

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    Up there is a frame horn

Picture it, and get the partial!

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-fun-and-games

Same issue with my car....front didn't match the back, although for me, it was the first year of Window VIN's, so there might have been a legitamate mess up at the factory....

On Aussie Falcons, its the factory spot weld for 163 liter long range fuel tank that you check, becasue local Aussie Fords had no unique codes. A good expert knows what to look for and where to check.

In the US, Kevin Marti and other long time Mustang car experts can tell you.

Sometimes, a personal message is best because (in the Australian vernacular) "dillignet duddlers" and theives also like to know the same info.

Having had a car that appears to be two cars joined together (but wasn't), the body stamping code is what you photo and compare.

Here is an example of the checking process if you have

no door tag
    no correct Windscreen 81 onwards VIN
    or haven't found the frame horn partial VIN no.

That's where I was back in 2011. Fox Chassis helped me in every way.

There are a bunch of Japanese stickers, front end stamping marks and removed stickers. I'll unbolt the Buck code sometime. Its head has been changed for a 1963 small chamber 170 item from a 1967 Australian Falcon as a stand in for the time being; the EGR and AIR lines and one red polyethylene emissions line was broken on repair of the leaky head gasket. Fuel consumption was down to 12 US mpg around hilly Dunedin, the gasket is a steel 22 thou gasket, and I can't just torque it up and plane the head, as the engine has to remain its due to be used for trial CARB/IM style emission testing for other engine part combinations. So I've put in an APPCO AP630 41 thou gasket.

Thanks Ectasy but do thy have a chassis stamped into the body like our fords and Holden's do as I can not see any in my fox body Only on the label and tag on the front Rad support. Is it up there on that piece metal under the guard / Fender in your photo's . And if so you must have to take the guard off to see it

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Fan View Post
    Thanks Ectasy but do thy have a chassis stamped into the body like our fords and Holden's do as I can not see any in my fox body Only on the label and tag on the front Rad support. Is it up there on that piece metal under the guard / Fender in your photo's . And if so you must have to take the guard off to see it

Yep, only the INNER FENDER GAURD . Its the frame horn, and on the left and right frame horn is a Partial VIN code, same as the engine number.

Just like an XD-XF Falcon, the plastic RIM inner fender covers come off...they are 180 degress on a Fox Mustang. 2001 Mustang Cobra the same.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-fun-and-games
    Today I finally replaced the 11A1195 A/C fan belts with shorter 11A1015 non A/C fanbelts as a provisional measure after a previous driver sh99ed the FoMoCo York compressor itself due to not having enough oil in it.

At the same time, my son Ashley (Ash) did a partial strip out of the front part of the bumper and guards. Due to the fact that I have to use the car at night for auditing and road roughness, I can't remove any of the wiring or lights to get the guards clear of the inner catwalks where the buck codes sit. If my lights are out of adjustment, I could have some issues with the validity of my reports, or find myself liable if my lights are not working or not factory functional while conducting a Night Drive-over.

After a little discussion with Ash, we

1. got Moms vanity mirror, cleaned it up with some Windoline, and

2. took a few snaps with my A495 Canon.

3. We have a big 42" screen for State Highway Auditing, and we got this to look blow the image up after we first flipped the image and rotated it 180 degrees.

4. Good news is thew whole vehicle is uniform. The buck code is indeed R101037, exactly the same as engine number. Great to know team!
    Buck code same on both sides. So the tendered VIN no on the dash is not the same as the body and engine. Hence I've got to find the actual VIN with its proper sequence number, and search that for my Marti Report, as well as the tenderd VIN number. Since the engine number and buck code aggree, I've got to go back to Vehicle Identification New Zealand, and update them on the correct engine number, and find evidence that the VIN numbers were changed at some stage from two independent sources.

Normally this is done by IVS (Independent Verification Services Limited), and the details matched when imports arrive in New Zealand, but for some reason, perhaps due to the non invasive nature of New Zealand inspections from 1990 to last year, the errors and requirements weren't resolved satisfactorily. I've worked with these guys and normally, the cars just sit untill the situation is resolved. If it isn't, the vehicle can potentially be send back to the country of origin.

Without further adoo, here are the Flipped and Rotated Passenger side Mustang photo confirming the buck code is in line with the engine number.See how it lines up with the original engine number

And some other snap-shots while my 20 year old got heavily into the verification process. Took from 2.19 to 4.32 pm for him to do it, top job!

Full VIN is here:
    VIN plate attached to firewall (visible through driver-side bottom of windshield)
    vehicle certification label (aka "door tag")
    buck tag (1979-80 San Jose)

Partial VIN is here:
    buck tag (1981 San Jose, 1979+ Dearborn)
    spot-welded inner fender tags (hidden by outer fender)
    engine block
    transmission case
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Thanks Fox chassis

Thumbs up

Thanks xctasy I have a door label which is hard to read and the Vin that's in behind the screen but didn't no that there was a part Vin on those parts of the inner skirt. And I was just interested if the fox body had Vin stamped into the chassis some where
    Last edited by Fox Fan; 06-22-2017 at 02:00 AM.

Hopefully we aren't teaching you how to commit a felony.

Last edited by homer302; 06-22-2017 at 03:47 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

No you guys are not. Just wanted to know if the fox bodys had a Vin stamped into the body as our Aussie ford and GM Holden do have Cheers Darin