Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Heck! That's pretty dang good.

Blog Entries

Quite good for what you're working with.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Mike1157

The only reason anybodies surprised here is that you're thinkin that your car weighs more than it actually does. No way in hell does a Futura weigh 3500 pounds..I'm thinkin more like 3000 with the V8 and 9"
    Hell, the 4 banger version of this car was lighter than a notch, tipping the scales at less than 2700 lbs.

When you plug your et and MPH numbers into a calculator, 94.86 MPH, 14.26 takes 205hp to move 3000 lbs in a 1/4 mile.
    Last edited by Mike1157; 07-05-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Thats pretty darn good,what's your plan for the car? Daily driver or make it faster than the Benz?
    I'm not that far off the e.t

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1157 View Post
    The only reason anybodies surprised here is that you're thinkin that your car weighs more than it actually does. No way in hell does a Futura weigh 3500 pounds..I'm thinkin more like 3000 with the V8 and 9"
    Hell, the 4 banger version of this car was lighter than a notch, tipping the scales at less than 2700 lbs.

When you plug your et and MPH numbers into a calculator, 94.86 MPH, 14.26 takes 205hp to move 3000 lbs in a 1/4 mile.
    I'm actually more impressed with the launch. All my estimates would never include a sub 2 second 60'.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

I'm supprised because of the hookup and low mph. The weight, well, I thought its 3100 pounds one up, then it'll do 14.7's at 99 all day. Zephs are lighter than stangs, despite the extra sheet metal and wheelbase.

I expected a little more power (mph), and not as good a hook up, but your surfacing is calcined bauxite, so that little baby will just grip and go! And it did.

Nice!

FEP Member

Mike 1157
    The car weighed 3300#'s on a scale with almost no fuel, but about 150#'s of stuff in the trunk. Take away the "junk in the trunk", add 10 gallons of fuel and my 220#'s in the drivers seat and I figured in the neighborhood of 3500. That was a shipping scale, not a set of race scales though so I do not know how accurate it was. I'll put it on actual race scales this winter. Very possible it is 1-200#'s lighter than I thought.

Boxtop78
    I was happy it ran that well as purchased. In the short term, (this coming winter) I have a 408W & C-6 that I'll put in along with a cage, battle boxes, through floor sub frame connectors, drive shaft loop, a full compliment of gauges and full interior, stereo, rear seat delete, window tint, line lock, electric fan, and a hand full of other little things like cleaning up the wiring once the SEFI 302 is gone.

The next phase (next winter) will be the full front and rear suspension and brake system, and probably an EFI/fuel system setup that is all designed for 1,000+ HP.

The long term plan is to make it a 8-9 second small tire street/track car. It will be mild enough for my wife to drive, but with a twin turbo Dart block Windsor based motor opened up to a 427 with probably a Turbo 400.

FEP Member

brianj
    only one really good launch like that, but two other 2.0 60' times. The rest were 2.2's when I spun or launched too soft.

xctasy
    The track prep was pretty good, we had a couple of the big boys running 5 second 1/4 mile passes so it was prepped better than normal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12