Close

FEP Senior Member

Default Undercoating Recommendations

What has everyone been using for the restorations? I saw WraithRacing using Speedline (spray on) on his, but I need something that brushes on. Summit Racing has 1-gallon of Rust-Oleum for $62, Dupli-Color for $63, and Por-15 for $112. I don't want the mess of spray on, nor have the equipment for it if it's not in aerosol form.
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

I've always used aerosol spray on undercoating....

I am not aware of any decent brush on undercoating. Virtually all of it will be spray on to get the thickness and texture that you want.

What exactly do you want the undercoating to do for you and the vehicle? That will help to determine what will be the best option.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    What exactly do you want the undercoating to do for you and the vehicle? That will help to determine what will be the best option.
    Perhaps I am overthinking it. Add a layer of protection to the bottom of the car. It has no rust anywhere and I just scrubbed it clean a couple weeks ago. I was just thinking of preventing anything from starting while I have the option to do so.