Close

Thread: paint colors?

Default paint colors?

has anyone used the color called black diamond i would like to put it on my 1986 mustang hatch but im not sure if its gonna be the right color that im looking for.

You might need to provide a bit more information in regards to the paint. Name alone often isn't enough. Is this an OEM color, what brand? Is this an aftermarket color, what manufacturer, paint line, etc.

Also generally unless you can see a car in person with your chosen color it will be almost impossible to decide based upon pictures or others input.

If you like the color, then I recommend looking at the exact color on a vehicle in person when possible. Otherwise I recommend a large spray out on either a speed shape, curved panel, fender, etc. to allow you to see the actual color in person in natural light.

Oh! FYI never pick a color INSIDE the paint store. Always look at colors and color chips outside in natural light. That is unless you vehicle is a show car that will only be shown indoors, then view that color under the same lights as your venues. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

yes sir. Thanks for the info It is a cadillac cts-v color i saw the color on the cadillac and i loved it but i saw what was supposed to be the same color on a mustang at a car show and it looked like a totally different color.

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

Mostly because of body lines is why it looks different

Cant think of anything colored black that shows dirt except black on a car/truck...
    Its like how ya know when a black towel or sink is dirty?
    Different kinds of dirt i guess...