Close

Default Trying to decode my block

I bought a 81 notch with a 302 in it and I'm trying to figure out what I have. If someone could give me some help or at least point me to a website that has the information needed to de code this I would thrilled. Name:  IMG_0703.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  111.3 KBThe number on the block behind the intake is m 193906. If this isn't the number that is needed let me know and I'll get the right one.

If I remember correctly that should be a match to the last part of your VIN IF it is the original block to your car.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTJIM View Post
    If I remember correctly that should be a match to the last part of your VIN IF it is the original block to your car.
    Didnt all 81s get the 255? If I did it correctly the m means that it's a 5.0 but the other numbers are just yearly production numbers. How do I find out what year the block is? Trying to find out if it's got the forged pistons without pulling the heads.

1FACP40E6MF193906

1991 LX 5.0L coupe

Casting number prefix on block near starter area should be F1SE
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags