Close

New User

Default Howdy from Calgary in the great white north.

I'm the "new" guy. Camertom

Grad 74. Had two cars when I was 16 in Kelowna BC. 2 year tech course 1977 during the second year took two semesters of "engine thermodynamics". Deisel and Otto cycle combustion theory and labs. Spent until 1990 as an engine machinist and I have had a hand in hot rodding pretty much every north american 8 we all know and love plus more than a few in line 6's in my time. Wrecked a disc went into sales. Have worked in heavy powertrain and for Cummins for 8 years.

During my stint at Cummins I sold 1000 Gas Compression engines and also bought a 74 Camaro streeter . I built it all ground up especially the engine! It proceeded to run 11.56 at 115 mph and 1.58 60foots at 4000 feet air densities. Calgarys in the foothills of the rockies...think almost as high as Denver. Carbuerated, SBC, 3400lbs. 4 seats and seat belts NO 6 point needed, tho a VERY very safe set up. Drove to Race City every time and did 350 passes and never once pushed or towed.

I suck at Brackets but have gone many times and loved the 7 years at Calgarys old Friday night heads up drags. I ended up volunteering there Fridays as well and I did staging for 3 years. ( Still ran the car every nite!!!) I'm old enough to be certain I don't know everything LOL so after selling my Camaro I still wanted something to fool around with and I simply don't care Dodge, Chev or Ford are all the same basic wedge chamber V-8s.

I just picked up an 85' 5.0L Mustang...AOD but Carbuerated! Body is mint 100% solid and I hate bodywork. Its a street legal runner and I have engine tranny concerns so I joined because I will be asking all kinds of questions. May be able to chip in answers now and then as well. I was on Nasty Z-28 when I was building my Camaro in around the early 2000s. I think these boards are worth hanging around now and then and offer the enthusiast some good help and advice.

Oh yeah, besides the cars and work, I am also a life time Alpine skier (45-46 years?) and a veteran amatuer astronomer who spent 7 years running the 1.8 meter ARC Telescope at the U of Cs, RAO near Calgary.

Today I work for Mack Trucks in Sales.

Pleased to meet ya!

Welcome aboard. There are a couple of us on here from Calgary also. What part of town are you in, I'm up in the north end in Country Hills. Maybe we'll have a chance to meet up sometime and compare notes. I too was an engine builder in a previous career, career firefighter now.

New User

Midnapore in the south and good to hear some locals around. Not surprised there were Camaro baord locals too! Thanks.

FEP Supporter

Welcome to the site! I'm just across the park to the north of you!

Do you have any pictures of said new car?

Darran
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Welcome, I'm pretty new to the site myself, but I know we all want to know more about your 85. Is it a GT, LX? Hatch notch or Vert? Better yet let's see a few pics.

New User

Hi Darran. Bonaventure or Bona Vista? Its an 85 Hatchback with T Tops. As I said it runs and I hope to get the plate today sometime in my travels. Its a perfect project for me as it does not need any sanding! Lots of mistakes by the original guy who switched it from EFI to Carb to correct to start tho. I was told the engine has 1000 KMs on it. It runs clean and is not hot rodded at all, just "dressed up".Name:  Buy day pic 302.JPG
Views: 123
Size:  123.2 KBName:  Buy day pic May 28 2017.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  134.3 KB

New User

I have NO idea why those pics just went in upside down. They are upside right in the file??? Gotta get to work!

Welcome to FEP... Have fun with the Stang...

FEP Power Member

Good to see more Canadians on here! Welcome aboard.

Just noticed on Kijiji there is a red 82 GT with t-top and louvers in Edmonton...wonder if any of you know the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer82gt View Post
    Good to see more Canadians on here! Welcome aboard.

Just noticed on Kijiji there is a red 82 GT with t-top and louvers in Edmonton...wonder if any of you know the car?
    I don't know the car but I have been drooling over that too. Shoot me a pm if you would like me to go look at it for you.

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Camertom View Post
    Hi Darran. Bonaventure or Bona Vista? Its an 85 Hatchback with T Tops. As I said it runs and I hope to get the plate today sometime in my travels. Its a perfect project for me as it does not need any sanding! Lots of mistakes by the original guy who switched it from EFI to Carb to correct to start tho. I was told the engine has 1000 KMs on it. It runs clean and is not hot rodded at all, just "dressed up".Name:  Buy day pic 302.JPG
Views: 123
Size:  123.2 KBName:  Buy day pic May 28 2017.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  134.3 KB
    I have NO idea why those pics just went in upside down. They are upside right in the file??? Gotta get to work!
    I loked at your pictures on my phone yesterday and they weren't upside down. Today on my computer they are. Weird.

I am in Bonavista Camerton. We bought our Tangerine 79 coupe in Sundance in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer82gt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI View Post
    I don't know the car but I have been drooling over that too. Shoot me a pm if you would like me to go look at it for you.
    There is a really, really nice red Mustang L with T-tops for sale in Edmonton. They want $9500 Canadian for it. I know someone who offered up to $8k and they turned it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    I loked at your pictures on my phone yesterday and they weren't upside down. Today on my computer they are. Weird.

I am in Bonavista Camerton. We bought our Tangerine 79 coupe in Sundance in 2013.

There is a really, really nice red Mustang L with T-tops for sale in Edmonton. They want $9500 Canadian for it. I know someone who offered up to $8k and they turned it down.
    I've been drooling over that one too. And that 82 tu tone. Just the right kind of ugly. I want that one. I already have too many cars and too little time though.

Blog Entries

Wrecked a disc went into sales.
    I simply don't care Dodge, Chev or Ford are all the same basic wedge chamber V-8s.
    Well, if you have a bad back, you will appreciate the #1 difference between Ford and Chevy - the distributor in the front! Lol
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

New User

Thats funny! I remember telling a guy at the track one day that I could see his problem...distributor in the wrong place LOL Really tho I just don't care as I've had the privledge of building so many different engines when I was younger.

Hi welcome
    I'm from Prince George and have x3 86 4 eye coupes.
    I actually just listed one of them for sale in Alberta and BC on kijiji.

Fixed.

Its easy when your Livin in a Land DownUnder

New User

There we go. I'll just move my garage to New Zealand and the pics should be fine! I still can't figure out what happened but I did take the pics with my iPhone.

There is an XYZ accelerometer sensor. It saves the postion on your camera or tablet or cell phone. When downloaded, the position of one of the axis overides the portrate or landscape position.

On other providers, like photo bucket, it sometimes resets after a few hours.

Best option is to turn your tablet, cell or camera in the wide base, landscape position, but there are two lanscape positions for cells and tablets.